Author Topic: Eximius retexture  (Read 4762 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Eximius retexture
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 03:14:29 AM »
Ok then ship will be the same size as it was before but it will have aditionaly 4 front pulse phasers  :D

Weasel

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2007, 03:27:10 AM »
I think the original model did have four, front-facing, pulse phasers. What might be more interesting, would be a dorsal and ventral turret, each with twin pulse phasers capable of firing in a 360 degree arc.

I always though that the fixed pulse phasers were a little silly on a large combat vessel like the Eximus. I can't see it being so fast and maneuverable that it'd be able to use such weapons effectively. Pulse phasers and disruptors should be mounted on fighters and attack ships like the Defiant, and BOP.   

yanlou

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »
i like the idea of pulse phaser turrets it would create a tatical advantage, also i dont know if the eximius already has a quantum torp turret, but if it hasnt maybe u could put 1 on, but to balance it out, maybe have a slow recharge rate, and only fires a burst of 3, 

Weasel

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2007, 12:20:16 PM »
I'd say four quantums, but an even slower rate of fire. The pulse phasers, and phaser strips should be used primarily as short-to-medium range defensive batteries, vs. small to medium sized vessels with a fast recharge rate, but a lower damage yield.

A crap load of photons from four, forward-firing fixed launchers, and two aft, should round out the ship's offensive capability nicely. 

It's not a god ship, but this is a vessel that should be able to take on a NeghVar, a Warbird, or a group of slightly smaller ships, and expect to win. Offensive capabilities should be about equal to a Sovereign-class, particularly from the frontal arc. Her weakest spot would obviously be the aft quadrant. 

yanlou

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2007, 02:16:45 PM »
id say keep to 3 quantums, i agree with slower rate of fire, but reduce the 4 photon tubes to 2 foward 2 rear, and id say at least 2 heavy phaser banks and the rest medium to light, id say with this weapon lay out it could take on a warbird or neghvar with help from smaller ships, but not on its own,

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »
I think 4 quantums will do it but with slower reload also all forward phasers will be heavy phasers like in sovereign and the rest will be medium phasers like on galaxy but faster, stronger hull but weaker and quick recharging shields

Weasel

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2007, 04:10:22 PM »
That sounds about right. I'm pretty sure that Cleeve intended for this ship to be a fairly heavy-handed death-dealer. It's size and lineage obviously points to the Sovereign, in terms of both size and capability. So, once again, I'm in agreement with Starforce, she should be no less capable than a CL, CE, or BC.

yanlou

« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2007, 04:31:57 PM »
i also think that sounds about right, i still think 3, dont know why, lol, sounds like a nicer number to me oh well  :lol:, still keeping the pulse phasers?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2007, 04:47:29 PM »
4 :arms: :lol: I think yeah I'll leave pulse phasers

yanlou

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2007, 05:01:54 PM »
 :lol:, yer having pulse phasers may make it slighty over powered, but i like the sound of it so far, now i cant wait to see what youve done with the textures

Jay Crimson

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2007, 05:27:15 PM »
I like how she's comming along, even though I'm no fan of the eximus as much.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 12:06:35 PM »
Ok here's an update on textures just started work on sec hull and bottom saucer, deflector dish is now yellow and pulse phasers are now placed under photon launchers, any opinions ???

yanlou

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 12:56:35 PM »
look gd, look reli gd,  :D

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 01:08:26 PM »
very nice, the new deflector color fits very well  :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 03:00:48 PM »
nice work, i used to like this ship but don't like it anymore. Textures are good so far

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 03:46:45 PM »
Very cool retexture!  I always liked the Eximus class (though I never really liked the name; it sounds too much like "X-mas").

I agree with the others about fixing up the ship and remapping her.  There are a few areas that look pretty goofy because of the mapping.  This is a good opportunity to learn that stuff, though!  Just something to consider.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 03:50:13 PM »
I agree with the others about fixing up the ship and remapping her.  There are a few areas that look pretty goofy because of the mapping.  This is a good opportunity to learn that stuff, though!  Just something to consider.

LOL I guess it's about time to learn few other things in ms3d :D

Offline JerichoKru

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 05:17:48 PM »
looks great!  can't wait to replace the old one with it  :spartasanta:
~ [UFP]JerichoKru

Jay Crimson

« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »
I like them but the yellow dots under the torpedo tubes are distracting. if they are pulse phasers, consider making them rouded metal edges to blend into the background as 'openings' perhaps. If not, then I'm clueless to what purpose they serve. Other then that, I like it! :)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2007, 01:41:16 AM »
 :x:spartasanta: Yellow dots !?!?!? argghrghrghrghrgh :spartasanta: :x  :lol: these are ;pulse phasers just in early stage you know  :lol: