Author Topic: K'tinga Class WIP  (Read 3270 times)

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
K'tinga Class WIP
« on: December 08, 2007, 03:12:49 PM »
The Vorcha is all done and will be released later on today.
So work has started on the final Klingon ship (original was done by kevin riley)
It has a few mesh errors i have to fix and needs brand new textures.
But here she is..

intrepid90

Re: K'tinga Class WIP
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
uff, that looks awesome!
Quaplah!

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2007, 03:25:55 PM »
Very nice looking K'Tinga
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »
indeed best so far !

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
Ouch very nice find lint. will make a fine addition to the klingon fleet, which you practically done :P

oh btw did u get my pm from the other day?

~Jb06

JLS

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
Wow!, now that's impressive.  :D

Jay Crimson

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 05:41:30 PM »
One of my favourite ships. :D Looks fantastic.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
 :D This is a beautiful model! Will you possibly be releasing this as a pack with TMP, Post-TMP and TNG variants? or have you not planned that far, yet? :P Yeash, with all these beautiful models, my first modeling project is starting to look like a heap of flying jellow! Lmao, but anyways, this is a beautiful model.

Oh, one more question. Since the poly count is bound to be rather high, will visible damage be disabled with this model, too, as it was with the Neighvar and presumably Vor'cha?

-Aeries.

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2007, 08:26:31 PM »
are you a robot? damn you work fast  :shock:

o kudos on the ktinga

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 09:45:16 PM »
I assume that this mesh comes from the same person that made the Vorcha and Negvar?

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2007, 04:01:14 AM »
nah, the original was done by kevin riley,
He has no permissions in the readme for it, just aslong as you dont earn money of it he does'nt care what is done with it.
I have fixed the mesh errors and started some basic texturing, i added an omni light so you can see the detail and the specs a little better.
There is a good chance the damage error will be fixed for this release.
im about to go try some ideas i have had about it

yanlou

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2007, 10:57:28 AM »
thats looks blddoy awesome, nice to see a new ktinga model, wahoo lol 

Sandtrooper

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 01:50:08 PM »
Pretty good lookin!
I hope its scaled, I consider it 214 M, and the D7 at  228 M..

Offline Lennis

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 01:38:19 AM »
Wow!  This is stunning work.  This has as much detail as the original model from ST: TMP.  I can't wait for this one to come out.  I just hope this uber detail doesn't crash my PC. :lol:

Slightly off topic, but I am almost positive that the size of the K'tinga/D-7 is quite a bit larger than either 214 M or 228 M.  I know that http://www.merzo.net/ lists the ships at this size, but that doesn't quite mesh with on-screen evidence.  Assuming the forward section with its two rows of windows just below the two uppermost structures represents two decks, the 220 M figure just doesn't make sense.  Here is a way to prove that: First, print the pictures found on the following two links. (thinner paper is best)

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/federation/heavycruiser_enterprise.jpg

http://www.shipschematics.net/startrek/images/klingon/battlecruiser_ktinga.jpg

Then put both papers together and hold them in front of a bright light so that the images appear to overlap.  To prove that the size ratio of these two images is correct, put the front or edge of the Enterprise saucer to overlap the section of the D-7 with the two lines of windows.  Do this on the upper lateral image as well as the bow and stern images below.  The edges of both sections on the respective ships appear to be the same height, and if both of these sections are two decks thick, as seems likely, then this is the true size comparison between the TMP Constitution and D-7.  Since the length of the TMP Constitution is well-established canon, we can estimate that the actual length of the D-7 is somewhere around 290 - 295 M.  This is a battlecruiser, after all!

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 09:54:51 PM »
You are assuming that Klingon decks are the same height as Federation decks. Big assumption.

This is an application of pretty broken logic. Screencap comparisons (first one to mind is the side by side shot in The Undiscovered Country, just before they have dinner) would be a better source, but I'm happy with the official figures... unlike the Bird Of Prey, the depiction of this ship has been pretty consistent, size-wise, at least to my mind...
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Lennis

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 03:48:38 AM »
True.  The decks may not be the same size.  I considered that.  But really, would they be so much smaller that it would skew the comparison to any large degree?  Klingons are around the same size as humans.  I haven't seen Undiscovered Country in quite awhile.  Are the ships close enough to compare?  Anyway, I've been meaning to do more research on the D-7 since I installed a high res model into BC.  Maybe I'll find something to clear this up.

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 05:19:55 AM »
Simply use ex-astris scientia charts as reference as we all do.
Bernd Schneider did all possible considerations when doing then.

According to it the k`tinga should be 217m and the D7, 228m.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
D*mnit, lint!  Now I have to change my pants...

Fabulous.  Wish I could help with the size issue, but at the moment, I just can't be *rsed.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 04:47:01 PM »
Lmao!
Nice work, as always.

-Aeries.

dshash

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 11:51:36 PM »
thats one sexy D7 -cant wait this is the ship thats been missing in the hi res fleet!