Author Topic: TOS Canon Mod Pack (TCMP) -- Now Complete! (4/26/08)  (Read 15502 times)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
TOS Canon Mod Pack (TCMP) -- Updated 11/26/06
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 09:17:28 PM »
nice job so far.
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2006, 03:43:21 PM »
General Update:[/size]

Mark is currently helping me convert ships, so the project is finally starting to move forward again.  Also, yesterday I completely revamped the Readme file--it hadn't been updated since the original one that was posted on the first page of the TCMP thread on BCU!

ChiefBrex and I have collaborated to come up with a shuttle for K7 Station.  While the name of K7's shuttle is officially unknown, ChiefBrex generously gave me the honor of naming her!  I chose 'Pan', the Greek God of shepards and flocks--think of the shuttle as a shepard, and ships docking at K7 as its flock.  Even more appropriate, Pan was also considered the cause of sudden fear that sometimes comes for no reason, especially in lonely places. That's why it's called "panic" (Pan-ic).  Why is this appropriate?  Well, the plan is that when K7 is about to be destroyed, about half the time it will launch the Pan as a sort of last-resort, abandon-ship thing.  I came up with the idea after recalling that something in KM does something similar to this.

I'll have to come up with a way to make TCMP's included Type 1 Shuttle launch from the station, but have that overriden by ChiefBrex's Pan shuttlecraft once with Shuttle Pack is released.  I imagine this'll take some creative scripting, so: Scripters wanted!

EDIT:
According to Nebula, the Borg Cube in KM does something similar to this with a Sphere when the Cube is about to be destroyed.  I thought there was something else that it did with multiple ships (like a lot of escape pods or something), but this is even better, considering that I only want one ship to launch.

I need to know where this code is located in the KM mod.  I've looked through my KM install, but so far I've been unable to locate this bit of code.  Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Cube

• Cookies: 5
    • DJcube
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »
Quote from: Phaser
I'll have to come up with a way to make TCMP's included Type 1 Shuttle launch from the station, but have that overriden by ChiefBrex's Pan shuttlecraft once with Shuttle Pack is released.  I imagine this'll take some creative scripting, so: Scripters wanted!

One word: MVAM.

More detail: Use a MVAM script, and just change the AI launch variables.

Offline Phaser

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 04:20:36 PM »
Meet me on MSN, would ya, Cube?  :wink:

EDIT:
No luck, folks.  Thanks anyway, Cube.  I'm going to try and contact Defiant.

Offline Phaser

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 04:39:13 PM »
General Update (Part 2)[/size]

Well, Brex has over-reacted to some criticism I gave him about his Type 1 shuttle's hull color, and has terminated our little coalition.  Not a big deal, though.  I'm still going to get the shuttle to sometimes launch from K7 when it's destroyed, it just won't have a unique registry.

Before that happened however, he got my version of Max 3.1 to work, so I can now import ships from Max 8 and export them to BC's nif format (I'll always be grateful for that, Brex)!  The problem was that I was missing a certain DLX plugin file.  For anyone who wants it, I've attached it to this post (I hope that's okay--moderators, feel free to remove it if you feel it may infringe on copyright laws; I got it from Brex; I don't know if it's something you can download for free online or if you have to purchase it).  I've also attached the STBCExporter plugin.  I got that from Cube (thanks again!).

Also, while I didn't mention this in the previous update, I had been having issues getting rid of that stubborn '???' name for ships when they're chosen in QB.  However, thanks to MLeo, that problem has now been solved.  MLeo suggested I try commenting out everything in the TGL section of the scripts/custom/ships file, and it worked!  All the ships, K7, and the Type 1 shuttle now have their proper names when selected in QB.   For anyone else who has a similar problem, here's what we did:

Comment out the entire TGL section of the scripts/custom/ships file as shown:

Code: [Select]
#######################################################################################
#                                                                                     #
# Uncomment these if you have TGL 
# Foundation.ShipDef.[b]YourShipNameHere[/b].hasTGLName = 1
# Foundation.ShipDef.[b]YourShipNameHere[/b].hasTGLDesc = 1

# Otherwise, uncomment this and type something in:
# Foundation.ShipDef.[b]YourShipNameHere[/b].desc = 'No Description Available'
#                                                                                     #
#######################################################################################

This not only fixed the '???' error, but for some reason, the TGL file still works in-game if you do this!  That's very good, because I'm including TGL files for everything in this mod.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 09:43:41 PM »
will we be able to change the shuttle that K7 will launch to the K7 shuttle by ourselves?

Offline Phaser

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »
Yea, that should be easy.  I'll explain exactly how once I get the script working.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Phaser
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2006, 09:30:53 PM »
If you rename ALL of the scripts and the Nif for your type 1 and K7 there should be no conflict, with CBs (oh forgot, icon too), you were worried about a conflict at one time, like had to be done to ALL the character scripts when 3rd eras TOS bridges came out :idea:
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Phaser

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2006, 03:16:54 PM »
General Update[/color]
Wow, it's been a while since I last gave a general update!  Here's where TCMP currently stands:

Completed:
-All models.
-All mapping*.
-All textures (+ or - a few tweaks).
-All ships are in-game and fully-functional*.
-All TDE files are complete (did that in about an hour yesterday).
-All Ptolemy Class ships** separate through use of MVAM.
-All shuttle-launching scripts (including the special one for K7) are complete.
-All hardpoints (overall).

*Excluding Deep Space Station K7.  This starbase still has that major problem I talked about earlier.
**Excluding Ptolemy+LifePod

WIP:
-Hardpoint tweaks.  I just need to do a little bit more balancing.
-The Ptolemy+Variants TGL files.
-MVAM Reintegration sequences.
 Sneaker98, your MVAM instructions are very detailed (great work), however I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to get the positions of the ships for the reintegration sequences (for those of you on MSN/WLM, this is what my 'Personal Message' is talking about).  If you or anyone else can offer assistance, please contact me on MSN/WLM.  Thanks.

Of course, it wouldn't be a general update without these:
Problems:
-K7 Station is missing one texture in-game.
 This drastically reduces the FPS, making it unplayable.  This is the only serious problem remaining.  Adonis and myself are completely out of ideas.  Experienced modelers/mappers, please help!
-The USS Daedalus icon is a Klingon Bird of Prey in Quickbattle (in the menu it appears as it should).  This one is just plain annoying.  Especially because the USS Essex's icon appears just fine, and its files (scripts/ships and scripts/ships/hardpoints) were made directly from the USS Daedalus!  A second set of eyes would be appreciated.
-Ptolemy+TwoPods won't reintegrate.  This is almost certainly a problem with the MVAM file, but I've looked over it quite a few times and I can't figure out what's wrong.  Again, a second set of eyes would be appreciated.  Just contact me over MSN/WLM.
-USS Ptolemy appears under the Ptolemy+One Pod sub-submenu (which is under the Ptolemy Class submenu).  I'm sure this is a result of MLeo's submenu code, which is just wonderful (except for this little snag :wink:).  MLeo, could you help me with this?

Once everything on this list is green, TCMP will ready for Beta-testing (We'll just consider that first round of tests a few months ago the Alpha-testing phase.  :P).

And, as promised, here's how you change the type of shuttle that K7 launches, (in a more general tutorial format):

First, the station has to be shuttle-capable.  Defiant's online shuttle-launching framework does that nicely.  Next, you have to modify the Borg's sphere-launching script included in KM v.0.9.1 as follows:
import App
import MissionLib
import string
import ftb.ShipManager

MODINFO = { "needBridge": 0 }

def GetShipType(pShip):
        if pShip and pShip.GetScript():
                return string.split(pShip.GetScript(), '.')[-1]
        else:
                return None

def chance(iRand):
        if App.g_kSystemWrapper.GetRandomNumber(100) < iRand:
                return 1
        return 0

def EmergEscapeK7(pObject, pEvent):
        pObject = App.ObjectClass_Cast(pEvent.GetDestination())
        pShip = App.ShipClass_Cast(pObject)
        if not pShip or not pObject:
                pObject.CallNextHandler(pEvent)
                return
        ShipType = GetShipType(pShip)

if (ShipType == "K7STATION") and chance(20):
                pFTBCarrier = ftb.ShipManager.GetShip(pShip)
                pFTBLauncher = pFTBCarrier.GetLaunchers()
                numTypes = len(pFTBLauncher)
                for index in range(numTypes):
                        pFTBLauncher[index].LaunchShip("Type1")

pObject.CallNextHandler(pEvent)

def init():
        pMission = MissionLib.GetMission()

if not App.g_kUtopiaModule.IsMultiplayer() or App.g_kUtopiaModule.IsHost():
      App.g_kEventManager.AddBroadcastPythonFuncHandler(App.ET_OBJECT_EXPLODING, pMission, __name__ + ".EmergEscapeK7")

- Just change the name of the ship that launches from the mothership (in gold[/color]), and the name of the mothership (also in gold[/color]), to whatever you want.

- The number highlighted in cyan is the chance that the ship will launch upon the mothership's destruction.  Set this too 100 if you want this ship to always launch.

- Also, I've changed the name of the file from "BorgEmergEscape.py" to "EmergEscapeK7.py", so it won't override the Borg's script.  You'll need to do the same if you want to adapt this to other ships.  Make sure you change the ".EmergEscapeK7"  (shown in white) to match the name of the file.

Offline Phaser

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2006, 10:11:29 PM »
General Update[/u]

Sorry for the lack of updates.  No, TCMP is most definitely not dead!  Since the last update, a couple of things have gotten fixed, while other things have gotten tweaked.  Here's the low-down on stuff that was in orange and red last time:

-K7 station now works perfectly in game!! Many of you already know this, due to a little party impromptu I held on WLM (heehee).  This was the last thing that I had some serious concerns about.  I'm really thrilled that it works properly.
-The Ptolemy+Variants TGL files are complete.  Those and the rest of the TGL files are what I've been concentrating on recently (I'm really just trying to avoid finishing K7's textures; it's a real pain lol.  It'll be worth it in the end, though).
-The USS Daedalus icon is no longer a Klingon Bird of Prey in Quickbattle.
-USS Ptolemy no longer appears under the Ptolemy+One Pod sub-submenu
 Credits go to MLeo for this one.  Thanks a lot!

WIP:
-Hardpoint tweaks.
I still want to do a little bit more balancing.
-MVAM Reintegration sequences.  I haven't made any progress on this because I've been waiting on Mark to get back to me with an MVAM file.  I can't continue with this until I get that file (just a friendly reminder, Mark).
-Textures for Deep Space Station K7.  Sorry, I forgot to mention this last time.

Problems:
-Ptolemy+TwoPods won't reintegrate.
 Again, I haven't worked on this since the last update for the previously stated reason.  I'll get to it, though.

As you can see, we're getting down there!  I'm aiming to get this mod at least into the beta-testing stage by the end of the year, so stayed tuned!

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2006, 12:42:02 AM »
I don't think that the Ptolemy really needs to reintegrate, I mean that the cargo pod on the J class doesn't, that is just extra mass that should just be explosively jettisoned in combat.  what will people do with it anyway.

starfleetadmiral

Re: TOS Canon Mod Pack (TCMP) -- Updated 11/26/06
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2006, 05:28:54 AM »
I don't think that the Ptolemy really needs to reintegrate, I mean that the cargo pod on the J class doesn't, that is just extra mass that should just be explosively jettisoned in combat.  what will people do with it anyway.
Tractor it for use as a projectile. Use it for Target Practice. Use it as a metal shield. Just to name a few.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2006, 11:30:21 PM »
that is what I meant, that is all you are going to do with it, you won't need to reattach it.

Offline Phaser

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2006, 12:27:17 AM »
Meh, I might as well include it, since the framework is all in place.

I like those ideas, starfleetadmiral.  I was thinking people could use it for system maps.  For example, a Ptolmey Class ship could warp in every now and then, drop off a Mk I/II/III Pod, pick up a Mk IV, then warp out.  Just some stuff to make, say, a spacedock, more lively.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2006, 02:28:18 AM »
I don't think MVAM is capable of reintegrating with different parts.  That would probably require copious amounts of scripting

Offline Revan999

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2006, 01:32:59 PM »
I might get flamed for this but I feel I must ask , any chance you will add the ships from Star Trek Of Gods and Men ?

Here are some images of the ships so you know what they look like. You might be able to get more off of http://www.startrekofgodsandmen.com/ when they release more stuff for it.

The GOC-1701

Some other random ship
Julian Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle!

Elim Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

Offline Phaser

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2006, 08:25:20 PM »
No, I'm not going to be adding any new ships.  The scope of this mod has been finalized for some time.

Offline Revan999

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2006, 09:29:27 PM »
No, I'm not going to be adding any new ships.  The scope of this mod has been finalized for some time.

Alrighty , I didn't mean any by asking , I was just wondering. I am not even sure if Of Gods and Men will be taken as canon even if it does have trek actors in it.
Julian Bashir: They broke seven of your transverse ribs and fractured your clavicle!

Elim Garak: Ah, but I got off several cutting remarks which no doubt did serious damage to their egos.

kirkncc1701

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2007, 08:48:20 AM »
I think both Phaser's & Brex's ship packs are both cool. Phaser's ships look like the ones from the origional series, but brex's look to be based on the cg tos connie from ds9.

Offline Phaser

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2007, 06:41:46 PM »
The Constition in DS9 was an actual model, not CG.  And the crew that made it went to great pains to stay true to the original model.  Personally, I think they did a bang-up job.  The only two discrepancies I can think of are the bussard collectors (they look a lot cooler in the DS9 model :P) and the addition of a grid pattern on the ventral hull.  Just fyi. ;)

Anyway, sorry I haven't posted any updates in a while.  I've been distracted with other things in my spare time.  But don't get the wrong idea; I am in no way abandoning this mod (I've put way too much work into it to just abandon it).  I've just been on a little break...sort of.  I have been working on it here and there.  Plus, Mark just finished getting the remaining Ptolemy Class MVAM scripts up and running (I was having problems with a couple of the ships).  I just need to test them, finish some things that I've been putting off, and get a few beta testers to try out the mod and give me feedback (and make the necessary adjustments).  Then TCMP will finally be ready to roll. :)