Author Topic: Planets Dissapearing?  (Read 878 times)

oompaloompafive7

Planets Dissapearing?
« on: December 10, 2007, 06:15:34 PM »
I seem to have a problem with planets and other large objects dissapearing... I'll be looking at them one second, try to warp to that planet, and it dissapears from sight. It's fairly touchy and I can get it to show again by changing the angle of the camera, but it's quite annoying, to say the least.
Any help? I'm running a fairly stock BC with the exception of KM and a ship here and there.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: Planets Dissapearing?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 08:03:21 PM »
You didn't install a blackhole did ya?
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 07:24:34 AM »
It sounds like the old nfx2 blinker problem causing the entire screen to go black. Normally happens after warp, mvam etc.
Its intermittent and has no known cure (that I'm aware of)

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 08:34:47 AM »
happened to me too.
sometimes, in a certain angle while using in-system warp, or intercept warp, the planet and ships in that field of view disappear.
could it be affected by NFX being on but with each effect disabled?.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 09:23:11 AM »
Its something to do with inverted blinkers as I understood Mleo's explanation, he may know more about how to resolve.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 06:41:29 PM »
Other than "detaching" or "hiding" the blinkers won't "cure" it. Aside from finding the cause and fix.

To put it more in context, we currently don't know why it's random.
During the development of my NanoFXv2BetaFixes I had to change the "move" value of the MVAM fix (again, for blinkers) 3 times to a different value, on my own install! Once was even during 2 test sessions.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.