Author Topic: S31 Century Class+Bridge+Shuttles+Escape Pod+ New HP  (Read 9082 times)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
S31 Century Class+Bridge+Shuttles+Escape Pod+ New HP
« on: December 15, 2007, 09:01:54 AM »
Ok i'm gonna keep updating this first post to show how the ship is looking now.

Well I said that i'd release a pack of these ships. Well that's changed. You're getting a pack but with just one ship. But you do get it's own bridge, shuttles and escape pods.

The stealth version is meant to be used to spy on enemies of the Federation. That's why it is black to blend in with black of space. It's not as powerful as the original version (weaker weapons/shields) because it needs to keep it's power readings down. As you can see it's got a lot of armor plating over the ship. The armor and hull on this is a lot stronger than the original. The ship is also very fast incase it's discovered and needs to make a quick exit or incase it's following another fast ship. 

You can find much more pictures and information if you scroll down. 

Any comments on how I can improve the ship will be appreciated. :D Oh and it's my first retexture so plz go easy on me lol  :D :D :D

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Section 31 Century Class Retexture+Hp
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »
everything is nice but what makes you think that every section 31 ship is black with red details, red warp grills, red/green bussards and red windows, for me section 31 ships should have some hull platings altered to be more war ship like also adding some insignias/paintings (like on ISS ships) would be much better than making ship plain black with red/green details. I hope I didn't offended you, these are just tips on how to make this ship unique, maybe your retexture will be the beginning of the new and unique textures style for section 31 ships  :D

so lets sum it up :
-leave original textures as they were
-make some platings dark (chech war refit of this ship in other thread)
-make HP stronger and cloakable
-add some cool new paint scheme like on ISS ships

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »
Thanks. I've seen your work it's very good. The red and green was a side effect of some of the filters i applied. At the moment i'm making he grey parts look like brushed aliminium. I think it looks more like armour with that. I'll post some pictures when i've done that. I've only been working on it for about an hour so it's far from complete.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 10:03:58 AM »
Btw, I got the idea of having a black ship from the novel The Return by Wil Shatner. In that there is a secret Defiant class ship (USS Monitor) that was all black to make it blend in with space. I though that Section 31 might do this to decrease their chance of detection

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 10:23:26 AM »
Yeah but I'm preety sure that since they're using federation technology ad ships, they don't want to cach starfleet attention so surely they keep their ships as casual as they are in starfleet. For me section 31 is something like secret service of some kind, just like CIA in USA... of course this is my theory, they can be top secret org. with their own ship designs and they could be using some tech to be invisible for other ships sensors...

oh btw. try to use 'modify' tool to avoid multiple replies in a row :)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 10:24:55 AM »
I see your point. Perhaps I can release a pack or somthing. A war refit, Standard Casual S31 and Top Secret Stealth S31.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 10:26:43 AM »
That's a good idea, pack will be great :D

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 10:49:36 AM »
While i'm not trying to be offensive, to me it looks like you took one of the most gorgeous fan-made ships, and ruined it.

As for the retexturing work itself, it looks pretty good... however I tend to agree with Dr McCoy1701A on the matter, in that section 31 ships (if they even exist) would likely be very close to their official Starfleet counterparts in terms of looks. Of course, Section 31 ships could be equipped with experimental technologies not known to Starfleet Command, thus allowing them to use experimental "phaser" or torpedo technologies, or stronger shields, or better engines etc. (without changing external appearance)

EDIT: For example

Give the ship dark purple "phasers" and dark purple "shield glow" to indicate temporal technologies, and give it a modified photon glow of some other color to simulate experimental torpedo technologies. That would be my suggestions rather than retexturing it.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 11:02:51 AM »
Ok here it is with some minor modifications. I've fixed the red windows, buzzard collectors and altered the texture of the grey parts to make it look more like armour. Also the USS Sundows (Mirinda Variant) was some inspiration for this ship as I always thought of it as being a S31 ship.

BTW, the one thing that i'm not gonna change on the ship is it's black colour because then it wouldn't be a stealth ship and that's the whole point of this ship. But as I said i might release a pack with a more normal looking one in it.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 12:01:13 PM »
Here's a couple more pics. Now with blue shuttlebay doors. (should they stay or should they go???).

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 12:30:45 PM »
umm that blue lettering is it glowing ? if yes remove it, it looks like christmas tree. Try to stay with one color on details, maybe make shuttlebay doors the same way they were on miranda or LC Titan (forcefield only), lighten the hull or just use original textures but make aztecing and hull platings more contrasting. warp grills will be great while being blue/teal like on Excalibur.
I have a nice idea for HPs, you could make phasers white with faint yellow outlines and like Darkthunder said put some temporal shielding on her (wasn't temporal shields white as they appeard in voyagers year of hell???) and additionaly you could make her phase cloakable that would be cool

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 12:46:55 PM »
Yeah i was thinking a bout a phase cloak but i don't know how to make one. I'll darken the lettering aswell and make some of the colours more contrasting.

Offline Firestar

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 02:12:05 PM »
Nice very nice. However i think it should be black because S31 is like the Tal Shiar in a matter of speaking. They r both intelligence divisions and are as secretive as possible but S31 doesnt have a Cloak yet so they make it black to blend into space.

FireFox- Built Like A

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 02:44:05 PM »
Nice very nice. However i think it should be black because S31 is like the Tal Shiar in a matter of speaking. They r both intelligence divisions and are as secretive as possible but S31 doesnt have a Cloak yet so they make it black to blend into space.

I disagree. My vote is on keeping the hull color the same as the original hull color, and simply add a cloaking device. That should be enough to keep the ship "secret" from the rest of Starfleet, and the cloak itself could be more advanced then other cloaks encountered by Starfleet, thereby rendering it invisible to current sensor technologies.

Besides, the Tal Shiar Warbird is virtually identical in appearance to its official counterpart. Only difference is a slight change in the green hue of the hull.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

intrepid90

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 04:20:24 PM »

but then retexturing wouldn't make that much sense, would it?

I disagree. My vote is on keeping the hull color the same as the original hull color, and simply add a cloaking device. That should be enough to keep the ship "secret" from the rest of Starfleet, and the cloak itself could be more advanced then other cloaks encountered by Starfleet, thereby rendering it invisible to current sensor technologies.

Besides, the Tal Shiar Warbird is virtually identical in appearance to its official counterpart. Only difference is a slight change in the green hue of the hull.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 06:15:58 PM »
Here are some more shots. The shuttle bay doors have been changed again to resemble the USS Sundown. The armour has been lightened and contrasts the ships paint job better. Also I have changed the writing on the back of the ship to white.

Btw, here is a paragraph I found on Wikipedia defining the difference between S31 and other secret services:

"Section 31 is comparable to other secret police organizations in the Star Trek universe, such as the Romulan Tal Shiar and the Cardassian Obsidian Order. Unlike those organizations, Section 31 does not exist to enforce government policy or punish traitors, but rather to defend against external threats. Also, unlike the Tal Shiar and Obsidian Order, both of whom are greatly feared within their populaces, most people in the Star Trek universe have never heard of Section 31 and will never encounter it."

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 12:30:32 AM »
Perhaps you should remove all of its markings if you want it to be a "secret" ship? Just a thought.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline serverandenforcer

• Frustrated and Strugling Modeler
  • Cookies: 270
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 01:24:48 AM »
Yeah, no lit markings, no lights, and no windows ( or limo tint them  :P ).  If the ship is lit up like a fire cracker, it'll be pretty easy to spot in the blackness of space.

Offline Firestar

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 01:27:09 AM »
I agree with dark because the Markings would be like Shouting: "Hey Romulans I'm Over here!"

Anyhow thats frakking awesome :D

FireFox- Built Like A

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 02:23:57 AM »
I still think the hull color should be returned to normal, and simply add a cloaking device :P
Ad Astra Per Aspera