Author Topic: S31 Century Class+Bridge+Shuttles+Escape Pod+ New HP  (Read 9081 times)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
Re: Section 31 Century Class Retexture+Hp
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 05:27:12 AM »
Thanks. I might remove the markings on the ship but i just want to get a few more peoples opinions on it first. I just want to know what a few more people think before i make those alterations. Anyway what colour do you think the warp nacelles and the deflector should be? Darkthunder I know you don't like the colour scheme I've come up with but just adding a cloaking device wouldn't be a retexture and hardly a rehardpoint. But, I might do somthing more like that for my second version of this ship depending on the response to how this is taken.  :lol:

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 08:38:38 AM »
Ok let me explain this, If you want this ship different than original then check these : http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Post_Nemesis_Enterprise_E;69895
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/CG_War_Sovereign_Pack;63939
 the trick is not to make whole hull dark but only certain areas to achieve cool effect

As for the warp grills I would make them more blue/teal for even more cooler effect

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 09:01:24 AM »
Ok let me explain this, If you want this ship different than original then check these : http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Post_Nemesis_Enterprise_E;69895
 the trick is not to make whole hull dark but only certain areas to achieve cool effect

As for the warp grills I would make them more blue/teal for even more cooler effect

I preferred Captain Russells take on a post-Nemesis Sovereign. He actually added to the textures rather than just changing around the hue/saturation/brightness etc.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 10:07:59 AM »
@ Dr. McCoy that was the kind of effect I was planning to use for the other ships in the pack. i.e. the war century and the normal s31 century.

Ok as for the windows. As a stealth ship should they be lit, shaded, or the same colour as the ship? and what colour do you lot think is best for the shuttlebay doors?

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 10:43:15 AM »
@ Dr. McCoy that was the kind of effect I was planning to use for the other ships in the pack. i.e. the war century and the normal s31 century.

Ok as for the windows. As a stealth ship should they be lit, shaded, or the same colour as the ship? and what colour do you lot think is best for the shuttlebay doors?

I know by now this might sound "bitch-y", however... perhaps a better idea as a whole would be to try your hand at properly retexturing the ship instead of changing hue/contrast values?
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 11:08:41 AM »
Basically the reason i didn't do that is because i don't know how to use photoshop well enough. This is pretty much the first time i've used it and this is the first time i've tried to create a mod for bc so i'm trying me best even if you don't like it. Maybe when i've made this one i will have the skill to create my own original textures and maybe release an update for this using them or just use them on another ship. Even if people don't like the ship i've gotta start somewhere.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 11:19:18 AM »
that's for sure!

Offline Firestar

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 11:21:34 AM »
Well luke at least your trying to create a mod which in my own opinion is frakking awesome. :wink:
I think that for Shuttle bay "doors" be just a Dark Blue forcefield. However if you cant do that then they should be black. The windows should be shaded or even the same color as the ship.

FireFox- Built Like A

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 12:02:59 PM »

I preferred Captain Russells take on a post-Nemesis Sovereign. He actually added to the textures rather than just changing around the hue/saturation/brightness etc.

That's because post nemesis sov v.2 was my second or third mod ever made, I'm planning to make v.3 with more 'unique' texturing :)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 02:51:19 PM »
Thanks Firestar  :D :D :D

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2007, 04:07:02 PM »
Ok, here are some tweaks that i've done. What do you think looks better out of the blue nacelles and the black ones and what do you think of the black shuttlbay doors??? 2 of the pics show the black nacelles and 2 show the blue ones. As you can see the black necelled version looks a lot more stealth like and is harder to spot in the pic with the Keldon. Also almost all the lights have been blacked out and the running lights have been deleted. Oh yeah, also do you think that the buzzard collectors should be the colour that they are now or black like they have a cover over them?

Offline Firestar

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2007, 01:18:21 AM »
Very cool. :D However 1 thing, the bussards should be a darker red. :wink: Anyhow nice work. :D

FireFox- Built Like A

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2007, 08:32:04 AM »
Already better, in my opinion best here is with nacelles lit, also I would consider making something like Captain Russel made on his war refit sovereign, I mean this black armor in the outer saucer section, you can see it has some cool patterns on it, with almost every window removed, try to make something similiar on this  :D the effect will be really great

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2007, 08:34:47 AM »
the next time, frame it against a nebula.
black over black background doesn't work.  :?

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2007, 10:25:52 AM »
Thanks nighthawk i'll keep that in mind. Firestar i'll darken the buzzard collectors aswell. The effect on Russels Sov is very nice I think i'll have a go at doing somthing like that. Who else thinks that the blue nacelles are better than the  black ones??? So far it's 1-0 in favour of the blue.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 11:47:28 AM »
I'd go with blue. Make the bussards a very dark, almost black, red.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 02:34:35 PM »
Ok here it is with the blue nacelles but i've darkened them a bit so they don't stand out. Also i've darkened the buzzards (should they go darker?) Note how much more the Sovvy (A ship with a similar colour scheme to the origional Century) stands out against the nebula and the black of space. Overall I'm pretty pleased with the way the ship is going at the moment. Any other suggestions? and deflector colour?

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2007, 03:23:49 PM »
Few more shots. I've darkened the top of the nacelle because that texture is used for other parts of the ship aswell. Also i've gave it a new registry. S31-S-007. Basically the S31 obviously stands for Section 31. The -S- stands for stealth (S=Stealth, C=Combat, etc). And the 007 is the ship number. (i.e. it's their 7th Stealth Ship) the reason I chose 007 was just for fun  :D :D :D 

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2007, 03:37:34 PM »
Very interesting retexture. It was only a matter of time before the Century got a workover. :)

I really love your unique registry idea. :D Very cool! Keep up the good work.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2007, 03:38:18 PM »
Thanks  :D