Author Topic: S31 Century Class+Bridge+Shuttles+Escape Pod+ New HP  (Read 9080 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Section 31 Century Class Retexture+Hp
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2007, 03:57:12 PM »
yup that reg is awesome and good to see something really unique in your retexture, keep it up mate  :D

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2007, 04:03:53 PM »
Thanks a lot McCoy. I think the retexture is almost done. The main thing i want to change now is the light on the underside of the ship. Anyone have any ideas on how to delete or dim them because they just stand out too much? Anyway I think i'm gonna make a start on the HP. Does anyone have and ideas on how to make this ship not easily show up on sensors so you have to get like within 20km of the enemy vessel for them to even detect you? I'm going to add a cloak to it aswell.

Also is it possible to tell it to launch a certain escape pod because i was going to retexture and rehardpoint one of them to fit in with the ship?

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2007, 06:46:13 PM »
The lights?
Can't you just open up the *.tga file in photoshop and reduce the brightness/contrast of the Alpha Channel? Not sure, myself, since I've yet to do anything with the alphas... but I'd give that a shot. :)

-Aeries.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2007, 07:45:15 AM »
Thanks Aeries, I managed to delete the Alpha channel. I'm using CS2 btw. Sorry that i've not been keeping an update on the ship for the last few days but my computer has been playing up over the last few days so im gonna try to copy the files over to my memory stick and finish the work on my laptop.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
Mmhmm, you're very welcome. :) Always glad to help in whatever way I can. ^_^

Looking forward to an update in thge future.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 05:58:22 PM »
Ok my computer seems to be working again so here's some more pics of it now. The only real difference is the light on the underneath has gone but I think it looks a lot better like that.

I've been doing some work on the HP. It's now got a cloak and can fire Tachyon Bursts and Breen Dampining weapon while cloaked. I've decided to make this ship less powerful than the original Century class to make it fit in with that whole stealth theme. As a result it has no Photon torpedoes but instead it's been replaced with 150 Tachyon Bursts and 4 Breen weapons.  The biggest difference is that it only has 4 phaser banks but still cover most of the ship. There's one on each nacelle and one on each side of the saucer.

This ship is very fast and maneuverable. I'd say it's about as maneuverable as an Intrepid class if not more. I've made the shields considerably weaker (15000hp each) but have compensated for that by increasing the hull to 80000hp and the ablative armor to 30000hp.

This ship is by no means weak. It still took out a Dominion Battle Cruiser with no damage and the Tachyon and Breen weapons arn't even effective against them. I'll be looking for Beta testers soon so if your interested just PM me or post it here.  :D 

Any other suggestions???

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »
Ah, nice.  I love stealth vessels.  Smart move adding a cloak, especially since, as Admiral Akaar points out in Star Trek Titan: Taking Wing, the Treaty of Algeron prohibits use of the cloak, but that doesn't mean Starfleet vessels can't carry them.  And of course S31 doesn't have any regard for the rules anyway.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2007, 12:29:59 AM »
do the black nacelle manifolds but make it look like some blue glow is radiating through or around the edges.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2007, 12:22:56 PM »
I've just tried the ship out for a couple of hours and imo the Hp seems quite fun. What do you all think of Starforce's idea about the nacelles? Do you think it'll look better if i do that?

Anyway i've got one big problem. How do I make a phase cloak??? and I still need some beta testers.

intrepid90

« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2007, 12:29:48 PM »
leave the nacelles as they are on your sig, they look fine to me.
*shows fingers up for betatesting*^^

Offline Firestar

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2007, 12:55:02 PM »
Nice work. I'll be happy to beta test for you too.  As for the Phase Cloak I dont think its possible in STBC

FireFox- Built Like A

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #51 on: December 23, 2007, 02:07:24 PM »
Nice work. I'll be happy to beta test for you too.  As for the Phase Cloak I dont think its possible in STBC

Yes it is possible in BC, you just need ATP 1 or 3 (I think that's the mod) and a property in HP called Phase Cloak  :)

intrepid90

« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2007, 02:22:58 PM »
look for the hardpoint of the pegasus by adonis.
it has a working phase cloak!
correct me if I'm wrong

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
Thanks i'll give it a go  :D

Btw, does anyone have any experience with retexturing bridges??? Just i've found a cool S31 bridge on BC Files for a Sovereign Class and I was wondering if anyone could replace some of the LCARS displays on the ship to that of a century class and maybe darken it slightly. I have no idea how hard it will be because I have absolutely no experience with bridges. If it isn't that hard than a retexture of the Excalibur bridge in KM 1.0 would look even better. 

Here's the links to the bridge:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Section_31;10986
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Zeandars_Sov_Retexture;11209

I've decided that i'm gonna try to release a pack of Century class ships with shuttles, escape pods, bridges, etc but in the end it'll most probably never happen lol.

Offline Vanguard

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #54 on: December 23, 2007, 08:56:49 PM »
wow, this ship is looking like a treat, love the way you've altered the HP the worst thing i hate about S31 ships on legacy is that they're ridiculously overpowered also *puts hand up for beta testing*   :lol:

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #55 on: December 24, 2007, 02:12:22 AM »
would love to see a Century Class Bridge,
Im not a fan of Section 31 Ships, but in this case i am :),
Keep it up!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #56 on: December 24, 2007, 04:01:23 AM »
Btw, does anyone have any experience with retexturing bridges???
If I only had some spare time I would be happy to make a retexture, maybe on prometheus or intrepid bridge, but I don't even have time to finish my projects I already started  :(

Nice work so far on those textures :)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2007, 06:25:29 AM »
Thanks anyway McCoy. It doesn't matter. How hard is it to actually retexture a bridge? Is there any good guides out there that can help me?

Anyway I got POTD with the ship on BCF  :D :D :D Hopefully it'll attract more attention to the ship.

Btw, I now have 3 beta testers so I don't need any more at the moment.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #58 on: December 24, 2007, 06:48:51 AM »
It's actually not that hard, the worst part of bridge retexturing are LCARS, they're animated and hard to replace, everything else is preety like on ships

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #59 on: December 24, 2007, 06:59:02 AM »
Right, I've just re textured my first bridge :D it wasn't anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be lol. Trouble is that's it's a Galaxy bridge. But it is quite different. Do you think that I could use it for this ship???

http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php?topic=2466.0