Author Topic: Disabling Animated Lcars?  (Read 1231 times)

bsilver2988

Disabling Animated Lcars?
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:11:58 AM »
Hi Guys.  Happy holidays.  I had a question for..well..whoever would know this.  Is there any way to disable the animated lcars on a specific bridge, to enable Alert Status Swapping on those lcars?  It's something i've been struggling with for a long time.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Disabling Animated Lcars?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »
Take a look at the config panel of BPCore, assuming you have UMM.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bsilver2988

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 12:29:39 PM »
really??  i knew that existed..but i wasnt sure it would disable it in the right way for me to script in Alert Status texture swapping.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 12:34:22 PM »
I am afraid you can only turn off animated maps and/or map swapping.
Alert Status swaping is part of the map swapping.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bsilver2988

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2007, 01:05:38 PM »
so there's no other way within the actual coding of a bridge to take a  certain texture and stop it from being animated so BPCore can do it's thing?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2007, 01:28:09 PM »
If I'm getting what you are saying, then you want to stop a nif based texture animation?
Then no, you can't do that. Not even with BPCore.

But if it's an animated map (the BPCore version) then you can edit the bridge plugin (of the bridge in question) to take out the animated aspect (or introduce it).
But this isn't possible through the config menu.

bsilver2988

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2007, 02:12:46 PM »
no man.  I guess what i was trying to do was disable animated maps that are already coded into the nif.  Because i want to make use of BPCore based texture swapping at alert status changes. 

My problems is that the Lcars are already programmed to do animations at Cond. Green, and once texture swapping is coded into the NIF, BPCore cant do any status change swapping. 

That's one of the things i loved about the Intrepid Bridgd 3.2, was that there is virtually no animated lcars coded into the NIF, so you can do a world of changes to the lcars when goign to Red Alert. 

The one i was looking at this time around was the generations galaxy bridge.  I got the side lcars to change, but the back ones are animated (very slowly and with only 3 texture sets) but still enough to stop alert status swapping. 

So basically yes, you've answered my question, there's nothing i can do about it.

Thanks.