Author Topic: A small question  (Read 2054 times)

Offline Firestar

• Cookies: 0
A small question
« on: December 31, 2007, 08:50:40 PM »
Is there a way to replace just the red alert sound in a bridge?

FireFox- Built Like A

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
Re: A small question
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 12:56:00 AM »
As far as i know there is i think..
Not sure how, i have never dabbled in bridge modding/SFX modding, im sure someone with more experience in this field will give you the answer :)

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 02:37:16 AM »
yep, it is possible, but at the moment i can't remember how.... i did that alraedy, but it is some time ago now  :?

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:16:22 AM »
I'm not really sure how to do it with any other bridges, but if you can find the red alert sound file (usually in your Bridge Commander\Data directory), you can replace it with pretty much anything else you want so long as the file types and names are identical. I think it only works that way with the stock bridges or anything that uses the stock red alert klaxon? Don't hold me to any of that, I really can't remember that well... you can try it, but just make sure you back up the necessary files before-hand.

-Aeries.

Offline locky

• Head Chef
  • Starfleet Chef Corp
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 06:50:38 AM »
If you have the Bridge Plugin, Frontier have made that so each bridge has it's "canon" klaxon.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 07:58:46 AM »
yes if you are using an up to date version of BPCore you can write it into the autoload file, you can even specify volume in there.

Otherwise you are going to have to have a look through the /Scripts/Bridge/BLABLAbridge.py file - I cant remember exactly how to define the background sounds in there now since BPCore is so much easier to use lol.

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 09:11:03 AM »
right assuming you dont have BPCore, the way to do this is as follows.

Right i will be using a SFX for this called Gen_red_alert.wav. you can call your SFX file whatever you like. and i will be modifying the nebula bridges script

firstly go to the root bc directory and place your SFX file into the SFX folder.

Next go to Scripts/Bridges/ and open up nebulabridge.py using notepad

Scroll down until you see the def LoadSounds() and type the following code as shown below.

def LoadSounds():

#   debug("Loading nebula red alert sound")

pGame = App.Game_GetCurrentGame()
   pGame.LoadSoundInGroup("sfx/Gen-red_alert.wav",  "RedAlertSound", "BridgeGeneric")

make sure you also set it to def UnLoadSounds()

ldef UnloadSounds():
   App.g_kSoundManager.DeleteSound("RedAlertSound")

There are a few different types of sound that i discovered could be changed.
they are
LiftDoor
GreenAlertSound
YellowAlertSound
RedAlertSound
Hail

To change these sounds copy this line of code replacing the SFX file and the highlighted to one of the ones i have written above. Also dont forget to unload the sound

pGame = App.Game_GetCurrentGame()
   pGame.LoadSoundInGroup("sfx/Gen-red_alert.wav",  "RedAlertSound", "BridgeGeneric")

if your still unsure try having a look at http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Unique_Red_Alert_Sounds;26110

i reccommend NOT installing this as it is now dated for many bridges.

Also make sure you always make a back up before modifying any script.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 10:49:31 AM »
May I just recommend looking at, for instance, the recently released Generations Galaxy bridge? That's GalaxyRefitBridge.py

If you look at the "bridgeSound": { } section you will see what you need.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Firestar

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2008, 06:18:02 PM »
Thanks and I do have BPCore

FireFox- Built Like A

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 06:15:35 PM »
if you want alert sounds or additional help let me know. a long time ago i set it up so that each of my bridges have a different Red Alert siren. My sov has the red alert from FC, with the power down noise and alert, my intrepid has the cannon voyager alarm, which is the FC alarm without the powerdown, my defiant as its cannon sound from DS9, and my old connie and tng galaxy bridge have the same classic alert. if you need any of these sounds or help, let me know

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »
if you want alert sounds or additional help let me know. a long time ago i set it up so that each of my bridges have a different Red Alert siren. My sov has the red alert from FC, with the power down noise and alert, my intrepid has the cannon voyager alarm, which is the FC alarm without the powerdown, my defiant as its cannon sound from DS9, and my old connie and tng galaxy bridge have the same classic alert. if you need any of these sounds or help, let me know

You could download KM1.0, each bridge has its own canon sound :).

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 08:52:44 AM »
You could download KM1.0, each bridge has its own canon sound :).

That would be definatly the easiest thing, btw KM has already over 20 000 downloads,
congratulations to all of the KM-Team :D

sorry for a bit offtopic
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline Firestar

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2008, 07:49:07 AM »
lol who doesnt have km 1.0 What i want to do is add the BSG Klaxon on a couple of my bridges thats why i asked the question. If anyone has a long version of it that would be great

FireFox- Built Like A