Author Topic: BSOD - AttributeError: NebulaDef  (Read 1065 times)

Offline bannon

• Cookies: 0
BSOD - AttributeError: NebulaDef
« on: January 08, 2008, 02:53:45 PM »
I recently reinastalled BC after a few years. Having been modding ok so far. Have installed the CR Nebula 2 pack and now get a BSOD on start up. The problem being I know I should open the console report window in testmode. However it gives me a BSOD even when trying to start it in Testmode. This happened on my first install on my new PC, deleted it and reinstalled in new folder name. Dont want to have to go through that again. So any idea how to find out what the problem is? I dont know if it makes any difference but im using Vista.

Any help/ideas would be gratefully received.

bannon

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: BSOD - AttributeError: NebulaDef
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 02:56:38 PM »
Open the console, and press Enter, press PrintScreen
Then type in the console:
Code: [Select]
import sys
sys.exit()
Now open Paint, press Ctrl + v, save the image (I suggest in png) and attach it here.

Then we can figure out what the problem is.

The TestMode part makes it possible to open the console, which you don't have normally.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline bannon

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 07:38:47 AM »
Okey Doke. Did all that. Been a while so I'd forgotten that it doesnt matter if the game doesn't actually launch in testmode.lol. Thanks. This is what I got.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:03:18 AM »
there are some specific instructions regarding the CR Nebula pack because it contains a modified quickbattle.py... 
they are either in the readme, or are explained in the comments section at BCFiles...  the modified quickbattle.py will make it so that upon the ship's destruction, Felix would say "Simulated enemy (friendly) Nebula Class has been destroyed."  (instead of the generic "Simulated enemy (friendly) ship has been destroyed.")

or, you can open the script of the ship in scripts/custom/ships and where you see NebulaDef, try changing that to FedShipDef...  tho changing the NebulaDef to FedShipDef means Felix will no longer say specifically " .....  Nebula Class has been destroyed." tho it should work just fine all the same...

Offline bannon

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »
That fixed it. Thank you! You people are geniuses.lol. :D