Author Topic: BC crashes when loading a second QB session  (Read 799 times)

Offline killeen21

• Cookies: 1
  • to boldly go where no chickin has gone before...
BC crashes when loading a second QB session
« on: January 13, 2008, 11:44:12 AM »
I have had Bridge Commander installed for about 3-4 years now and over time I have added many ship plug-ins & scripting modifications.
As you can imagine the games stability & performance didn?t quite profit from that.
My BC-folder has now grown to over 8 GBs in size and is unfortunately full of scripting bugs.
This results in random crashes at various points in the game.

I would like to list the two most annoying I have encountered so far here:

1.The Autosave feature in Single-Player Mode has vanished - no more game savings are possible
2.Every time I exit from a mission and want to load a new one (SP or QB) the game shows the loading screen for about 10 seconds and then crashes & exits to the windows desktop.

Has anyone had this before?

Below is a list of all the mutators I have installed and activated:

ATP 1 for Nano FX2
QBAutostart Extension V0.9
BCS The Beginning - All Mutators
3E`s Bridge Menu Enlarger
Sol
Nano FX 2.0 Beta
Multiplayer Systems in QB
Starfleet Operations Cardassia
Banzai ZAP System Pack
Vent Plasma
Wolf 359 Advanced
ZM System Pack
guy61386 Map Pack
Slipstream Drive
DS9 FX

Add-Ships
Core Ejection
Abandon Ship
Self-Destruct

I haven?t listed the deactivated ones
I don?t know if this helps for solving the problem - I know it could be anything.
But at least it?s worth a try.

Tnaks to anyone who tries to help.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: BC crashes when loading a second QB session
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 11:52:56 AM »
I have to admit, the Mission end part is one of the more mysterious parts of BC. I know of your problem, mine happens occasionally when I want to stop a mission, in fact, if I press the Quit button BC just stops.

At the moment, I don't know of a solution for this. I suspect it's that not all scripts don't play nice (unintentionally, like I said, this part of BC is hardly explored).

About the save games, it doesn't create them at all?
How many are there?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline killeen21

• Cookies: 1
  • to boldly go where no chickin has gone before...
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »
There are no autosaves created when going through the SP missions - the autosave dialogue doesn?t appear - i have some savegames in my savegames menu but I guess they were created a long time ago when it still worked - when I try to load one - guess what? - yeah right BC crashes to Windows desktop...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 01:06:34 PM »
Well, it ought to just say "invalid save game", because new mods invalidate old save games.

I'm afraid that none of the mods you listed disable save games, except NanoFX, which makes it ATM impossible to use a savegame. My suggestion? Use the Custom Mission menu to load up the last played mission and continue from there.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.