Author Topic: Star Trek Online thread  (Read 167657 times)

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
Re: Star Trek Online thread
« Reply #3560 on: September 07, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »
So it's because of CBS that people can't cruise around in a Ferengi Marauder?  WTF.

Yeah, because you'd never seen Fed captains would never been seen flying around in all those non Fed ships, so CBS would not allow everyone to have equal access.
I don't think CBS asked for the lock boxes, I just think cryptic saw the lock boxes as a way to have those ships out, without violating what CBS wanted.

New ask cryptic is out

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=665391

I think Dan saying the Wells will be out the second half of this month (along with his "time" hint) means it will be in the lock box

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3561 on: September 18, 2012, 10:10:49 AM »
When ever the next update is, you can now use ISS on the Mirror Ships.

Offline Darkthorne

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #3562 on: September 19, 2012, 12:49:21 PM »
So the Wells class in Relativity is a four hundred year old ship class?  That's a bit of a stretch.  And by a bit, I mean huge.

I think what he was saying was because the timelinewas interfered with the ship was developed early, and as a aresult it the timeline in Relativity has changed.
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."
-Pulp Fiction

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
« Reply #3563 on: September 19, 2012, 01:14:02 PM »
Four hundred years early?  STO's timeline is the prime timeline.  Every time the player character goes into the past, they usually end up righting what was fine where the came from, like the predestination in First Contact.  That gives no reason for Relativity to happen any differently.  Did you know they wanted the Akira class copy-and-pasted for the NX-01?  Can you imagine the fan rage that a TNG ship design somehow ends up in the 22nd century?  The Wells class is not a 25th century ship.  Its entire design screams it.  And since we know it's going to be balanced for the game, basically somehow a 29th century ship is going to be flown by hundreds of players in the 25th century with 25th century weapons.  How did the class end up here?  Why do we have an extremely futuristic design but somehow have terrible weapons?

My point is, Cryptic yet again is taking a massive crap on top of the steaming pile they've decided to add to the beloved prime timeline.

Offline Joshmaul

• Lunatic with a Starship
  • Cookies: 8
  • A Mind Without Purpose Will Walk in Dark Places
« Reply #3564 on: September 19, 2012, 02:49:32 PM »
When ever the next update is, you can now use ISS on the Mirror Ships.

About time.
"If one does as God does enough times, one will become as God is." - Dr. Hannibal Lecter

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #3565 on: September 21, 2012, 05:58:04 PM »
ROFL I now have a KDF boff candidate callled...
Borat.
I miss :bigdance:

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3566 on: September 21, 2012, 11:36:03 PM »
ROFL I now have a KDF boff candidate callled...
Borat.
:lostit:  Kill it with fire.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3567 on: September 22, 2012, 07:19:16 AM »
:lostit:  Kill it with fire.

I sold it for 5 mil xD

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #3568 on: September 22, 2012, 04:13:30 PM »
I sold it for 5 mil xD
Very nice!
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3569 on: September 22, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
Very nice!

Ikr? Gotta love old Borat eh? xD

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3570 on: September 24, 2012, 07:12:51 PM »
Damn it cryptic why did you have to make the new lock box so cool, I actually want the stuff in it perhaps spending some real money instead of waiting for my stipend, its overriding my sense of canon decency

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=691251

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #3571 on: September 24, 2012, 07:35:23 PM »
It seems Cryptic finally managed to destroy the Star Trek IP... Wells Class and MULTIPLE other Temporal ships (29th Century designs), will definitely be made into Lockbox ships within the next few days.

So CBS seems to be fine with Cryptic adding Player-flown 29th Century ships, but they don't want players flying a T5 Constitution Class. I call BS on all of this.

That being said, I'd love to have both the Wells Class, and the Aeon Class shuttle... But not in the current setting. They are 29th Century ships, and should remain in the 29th Century.

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=691251
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3572 on: September 24, 2012, 07:39:07 PM »
I already posted about it above Dark...

The frak? I posted an image instead of a link to the blog.

Mirror Versions of both time ships will also be available in the Lobi Crystal Store.

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3573 on: September 25, 2012, 10:28:10 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the 29th century ships as the odd NPC in game but good god why did they think they belonged in game as player ships?!
Did technology pretty much fail to advance in the 400-500 years between 2409 and the 29th century?

Offline BFGfreak

• Cookies: 3
    • My Twitch.TV livestreaming channel
« Reply #3574 on: September 25, 2012, 10:54:28 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing the 29th century ships as the odd NPC in game but good god why did they think they belonged in game as player ships?!
Did technology pretty much fail to advance in the 400-500 years between 2409 and the 29th century?
Cryptic nerfed the future.
In the battle of ghosts vs robots, robots always win....except in anime.
-Sarge

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3575 on: September 25, 2012, 02:36:38 PM »

Offline captain_obvious

« Reply #3576 on: September 25, 2012, 04:57:30 PM »
Cryptic nerfed the future.

Ner-fie nerfie nerfie nerfie neeeeeerfiieeee :rolleyes:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=695181

Blog about the ships.

Tipler cylinder? sounds just like something from galaxy quest.  13 seconds indeed.

But why oh why do the best boff layouts get put on to the ugliest ships? Seriously?

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #3577 on: September 25, 2012, 05:27:16 PM »
What I found most curious, is that CBS apparently has no issues with players flying around in ships that are 400 years more advanced than they should be (25th Century vs 29th Century tech), but they seem adamant to keep players from flying a Tier 5 Constitution Refit. In my mind, the whole notion of the "tier system" is flawed from the get-go, and should be abolished, but that's a different topic entirely.

I'd love to fly the Wells Class (BOff layout), but i'd like to use a more conventional "costume" on it, such as the Intrepid Class. A Science ship with a Lt Commander Tactical? Hell yeah... On the Wells Class? HELL NO!!!

EDIT: And yes, clearly Cryptic doesn't have much Trek imagination of their own, when they feel the need to resort to a "Trek parody" for ideas. They even mentioned a Beryllium core in the blog, and the 13 seconds is clearly a ripoff on the Omega 13 device.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Tuskin38

« Reply #3578 on: September 25, 2012, 06:33:38 PM »
Rip off? Why can't it just be a homage, like those lightsaber bat'leths and Lirpas?

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #3579 on: September 25, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »
"those lightsaber bat'leths and lirpas", was nothing more than an attempt to attract players away from the then, "new hotness" that was SWTOR.

Using the Galaxy Quest "Omega 13 device" shows a lack of creativity on Cryptic's part. Not to mention an abundance of lazyness, especially in regards to their new time ship "bridges". The KDF bridge is clearly identical to the Wells Class bridge, but with a new coat of paint.
Ad Astra Per Aspera