Author Topic: U.S.S. Rhode Island Bridge  (Read 1747 times)

bsilver2988

U.S.S. Rhode Island Bridge
« on: January 21, 2008, 05:18:30 PM »
Hey Guys.  So here's the next little project i'm working on, at the same time as the Century Class.

This is the Bridge of the U.S.S. Rhode Island, Harry Kim's First Command in Voyager: Endgame

The retexture is still in the early stages.  I've reskinned the entire thing in some way, however most of the textures are still simply modifications of the original Ambassador Class Bridge created by 3rd Era Productions. 

The color schemes are completely new, and i've also added in more lighting and texture swaps when going to red alert. 

what do you guys think?

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Re: U.S.S. Rhode Island Bridge
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 05:42:03 PM »
The MSD looks blurry. And the red alert effect for the ceiling is kinda 'too red' if you get what I mean. Not a bad start though.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

adama

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 05:54:43 PM »
very nice, amazing design...i hope that to be see more of your work ...

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 06:37:38 PM »
I never really liked that set, because like the Nebula there's almost nothing at the front of the bridge, just that big ugly open space.

But the texturing looks nice. As said before, the ceiling is way too saturated. Make it a gradient and it should look better.

bsilver2988

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 10:04:21 AM »
I actually really dont like gradients on the ceiling.  It gives the impression of lights in specific areas on the ceiling trying to light the whole thing.  Something about that really bothers me.  I'd think by the 25th century, they'd have figured out how to light an entire ceiling without making it blatantly obvious that there are lights in certain areas and not in others.

I will however soften the color to make it less obnoxious...lol

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »
Ok this may be harsh for you but there is almost everything wrong if you ask me (unless you are trying to make it as canon as possible) so here are some good tips for you :
1) remove these LCARS and make new ones cuz in endgame they are different shapes more bowed etc etc etc.
2) change LCARS color scheme to more violet/pink/maroon with teal/lime green accents
3) (personal opinion) remove green/teal from the bridge, it reminds me of dentists room
4) change that red to something more lets say ... subtle maybe beige or light blue (tho they are over used :D )
some reference pic of colors scheme
after this adjustments you should get very interesting bridge :D

Jeffery_Hawkins

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 05:03:41 AM »
Ok this may be harsh for you but there is almost everything wrong if you ask me (unless you are trying to make it as canon as possible) so here are some good tips for you :
1) remove these LCARS and make new ones cuz in endgame they are different shapes more bowed etc etc etc.
2) change LCARS color scheme to more violet/pink/maroon with teal/lime green accents
3) (personal opinion) remove green/teal from the bridge, it reminds me of dentists room
4) change that red to something more lets say ... subtle maybe beige or light blue (tho they are over used :D )

after this adjustments you should get very interesting bridge :D

I totaly agree with you.