Author Topic: Lexington : Attention DrMcCoy  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Lexington : Attention DrMcCoy
« on: January 22, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »
This lexington class was started by gafy, but he ambandoned the project and has no attention of fixing it. Are ya interested? There isn't much left to be done.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: Lexington : Attention DrMcCoy
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 08:07:36 PM »
and it looks good too
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 08:18:06 PM »
Get rid of the bad nacelle models that are always used by SFP and it would look even better.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 09:32:01 PM »
the lexington had nacelles completely different form canon, I don't know what they look like, I've not seen the original in a while.

Also, Billz, if you hate the nacelles so much why don't you fix the textures? I use what comes with the ship, since they are all primarily the same texture, one fix would fix them all. I really don't see whats wrong with tmp nacelles anyways.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 09:38:30 PM »
Its not the TMP textures that are the problem. The problem is the model of the TMP nacelles that have been used on various ships by SFP. They are low poly and just look badly done.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 09:59:38 PM »
well they all from p81's connie. the most widely used in bashes for years. See, p81 made his stuff free use. If someone who's built one better had done so we'd be using theirs. There's khalibans, but for soem reason that wasn't as widely used. Again, it has to do with porting what people release. If people don't make stuff with it, I can't very well port it.
Read my mod blog!

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:54 PM »
I'm not criticizing your work, but would it be possible to just model new nacelles? Better than kitbashing models together. P81's connie is older than most, and has been outclassed by newer TMP models. If you made your own, you could even do it however the heck you wanted and not have to follow a standard design.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 10:19:39 PM »
I'm not criticizing your work, but would it be possible to just model new nacelles? Better than kitbashing models together. P81's connie is older than most, and has been outclassed by newer TMP models. If you made your own, you could even do it however the heck you wanted and not have to follow a standard design.

AGain, it leads back to the simple fact: Nobody did. Or atleast nobody willing to let their stuff be bashed, or without exsessive strings attached, or ending up with something with an excessive number of tiny textures, or soemthing that simply doesn't match the rest of the gafy textured ships. This leads to needed to redo the whole set of textures and trying to convince someone to do it, and rebashing all those variants. Honestly, such an effort of convincing people to work on it and then those people actualy putting the work time on it would be better spent on something more worthwhile than a connie or miranda bash. We have nothing in  the way of decent sona, or most detla quad races and other such things, sf museum ships, and lets not forget all of those fan designs floating around that everyone wants to worship the author for creating but never seem to get built. For the connie and miranda itself, sure, lets get a high quality canon one made. But all those bashes, some of which people complain as being silly and fanboyish...I'm not sure it's worth redoing them all.

If someone who's willing to allow bashing wants to make the connie, miranda, oberth ect in high quality and bash compatable, hey great, toss in the excel too and maybe we can get down to bashing the dozens upon dozens of bashes we all have currently with the new parts. it'd probablt take a team of a dozen bashers  months once the parts are made to do it but it could be done. But wouldn't the time better be spent on somethign else?
Read my mod blog!

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 08:56:17 AM »
Its not the TMP textures that are the problem. The problem is the model of the TMP nacelles that have been used on various ships by SFP. They are low poly .

Some of the BC community are not blessed, with terribly large graphics cards, that can run 14 ships and fire at one time.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 10:00:50 AM »
Its not the TMP textures that are the problem. The problem is the model of the TMP nacelles that have been used on various ships by SFP. They are low poly .

Some of the BC community are not blessed, with terribly large graphics cards, that can run 14 ships and fire at one time.

Again, talking about the TMP nacelles. Not the entire model.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 10:59:22 AM »
That's another reason why so many use them for their bashes. Low poly. Khalibans was at the top end at nearly 10k when it was first released so it wasn't widely used. Many of the bashes I port and mod were retextured by gafy (also known as khalibanized) a trend which was started by the "look" of khalibans connie. These "updated" bashes in some cases are as old as SFC1, from back in 2001. I will do ships as low as only a few hundred poly if they are decent looking or extremly unique. I have a klingon bashed from a stock BC vorcha of all things, but it's cool looking so it's going to be ported.
Read my mod blog!

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2008, 10:48:04 PM »
Bones, did you ever get this model from me and if so any progress?
Read my mod blog!

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 08:04:16 AM »
Wasn't that the ship that was designed but never appeared for First Contact?

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 51
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 08:38:40 AM »
This was the FCC from Klingon Academy, one step above the FCA Constitution and one down from the FBCH Excelsior.

It shouldn't use Connie TMP nacelles anyway. My copy of KA doesn't run so well these days, but here's an accurate schematic.

Jay Crimson

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2008, 09:21:41 AM »
Lexington:

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2008, 10:16:58 AM »
Still think Excelsior nacelles on this ship looks better tbh.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2008, 11:09:36 AM »
this ship in the first post is intended to be an update of that vessel, I don't know exactly what gafy had in mind for the nacelles but it would have probably been similar to that. This is obviously the "X" version...
Read my mod blog!

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2008, 02:11:10 PM »
I just got back from trip but I'll check what was done to it, I think the nacelles textures was unfinished...

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2008, 06:45:39 PM »
pretty much. nacelles and I think a few other cosmetic details around the ship.
Read my mod blog!

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2008, 08:31:07 PM »
Hey Bones how bout a post dom war version