Author Topic: 3ds Max Exporting Problems  (Read 670 times)

Offline Capitan_Picard

• Cookies: 2
  • Hello everyone
3ds Max Exporting Problems
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:03:08 PM »
Hey everyone! I only just recently acquired 3ds Max and I must say I love it. I am attempting to make a ship model for a BC so it uses .nif files. Anyway because I am still new I am using parts from other nif files that I have imported along with my own modeling. However when I go to export the whole ship as a nif file it gives me an error message. ?You have attempted to add a child to a NiNode which is already the child of another NiNode?. I have no idea what this means, how I did it, or how I can change it.

What I effectively did was take one ship, chop it into different sections that I wanted (i.e. bridge, engines, whatnot) and exported each section as an individual nif file. Then in my project, I import the various nif files and combined with my part, the ship takes shape. But like I said when I try to export the whole thing it doesn?t work and I get that mmessage.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: 3ds Max Exporting Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 09:29:09 PM »
I would skip exporting the individual parts as nif and use something else. Nif should be done once at the final stage. The more you convert stuff the more damage can be done to the mesh.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129