Author Topic: Official Ambassador class original concept - anyone want to mod it?  (Read 1414 times)

Offline Gareth

• Cookies: 1
First of all, just letting you know I did *not* make this [nor do I have any talent at modding whatsoever! ^^;]

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/general-discussion/37637-official-ambassadore-class-original-concept.html

Just thought someone might like to have a go at this themselves - maybe you could PM the person for permission to use his work for BC?

It's only an idea I'm just passing along, so if this isn't for you, just ignore me :)

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
Re: Official Ambassador class original concept - anyone want to mod it?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 11:17:42 AM »
Now that I have what to work from... :roll:
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 01:47:30 PM »
You mean the Dawnstar, thats what fans call the Proto-Ambassador that Andrew Probert designed for TNG.

I've already started to rework the mesh and eliminating the smoothing errors, but If I don't secure permission of this from Zambie Zan then I won't be able to release it.

Anyways Here's what I've done so far. BC Veterans will know that the Original Dawnstar mesh had a number of issues on the secondary hull, As you see from the pic I've already corrected those.
  8)

intrepid90

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 04:11:06 PM »
ooouh I always loved the dawnstar!!!
fantastic design.
looking forward to a newer one :)

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 05:57:22 PM »
You mean the Dawnstar, thats what fans call the Proto-Ambassador that Andrew Probert designed for TNG.

I've already started to rework the mesh and eliminating the smoothing errors, but If I don't secure permission of this from Zambie Zan then I won't be able to release it.

Anyways Here's what I've done so far. BC Veterans will know that the Original Dawnstar mesh had a number of issues on the secondary hull, As you see from the pic I've already corrected those.
  8)

Nice one mate, however, you need to note that the Dawnstar isn't Andy Probert's proto-Ambie. She has enough differences to make her a class of her own.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 06:12:14 PM »
In any case, looks real nifty. :)

-Aeries.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 08:23:04 PM »
Wow, that design looks a **** sight better than the actual Ambassador if you ask me.  Of course, none of you asked me, so I'm just voicing my opinion and such...I'll shut up now. >.>

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 08:47:05 PM »
Someone is modding it. And I know who. Give them time and you may find out for yourself.

8)
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Weasel

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 02:19:02 AM »
Wow, that design looks a **** sight better than the actual Ambassador if you ask me.  Of course, none of you asked me, so I'm just voicing my opinion and such...I'll shut up now. >.>

Agreed. I certainly would've preferred this ship, to the one that we've been given. As a matter of fact, I think I prefer this design to the Galaxy-class, actually. 

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 04:27:20 AM »
The Dawnstar and Proto-Ambassador are VERY similar,
But Adonis is right, they have enough differences to be seperate class's.

Jay Crimson

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 07:05:23 AM »
I guess it's safe to say the Dawnstar was inspired by the proto-Ambassador, but is in the end a different design.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 07:44:01 AM »
I guess it's safe to say the Dawnstar was inspired by the proto-Ambassador, but is in the end a different design.

Agreed, The Dawnstar has different nacelles for a start and is set in a future timeline than that of the Proto-Ambassador.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2008, 04:36:39 PM »

8)

Nice one mate, however, you need to note that the Dawnstar isn't Andy Probert's proto-Ambie. She has enough differences to make her a class of her own.

It's also not zambie zans. It belongs to, I believe, lord bile, and that's who you'd need permission from.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129