Author Topic: A new adventure for me.  (Read 2528 times)

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
A new adventure for me.
« on: February 20, 2008, 10:40:22 AM »
Since I'm having so much fun with the retexture and updating the Hawkeye Sovereign mod (to the point I'm almost sick of it right now), I'm venturing somewhere I really haven't ventured before...mapping.  Explination?  Glenn inspired me :D  Ok, now that the photo is fixed...the first person to get this right gets a cookie :)

HINT:  it is a cannon ship :P (this shouldn't be too hard)

EDIT:  Ok, I need to say this is not for release as of yet as I'm still waiting on permissions from the original Author, I'm doing this to learn my way around Max some more.  Once I hear from the author I may or may not release this as a mod.  This is basically to show people that I'm willing to participate in the community, and if people need ships mapped and they don't have the time to do so I'd be happy to help :).  There nuff said.  Thank you and goodnight :D
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: A new adventure for me.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 11:01:52 AM »
Sweeping back?
A bridge dome?
Slightly extruding impulse engines on the back end of the saucer?

Sovereign.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »
Nope :) But somewhat close...
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 11:12:08 AM »
TThat must be something sovereign like, I recall those impulse engines, dome and sec hull, maybe it's a sovereign varient ?

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »
It has nothing to do with a sovereign class starship except for a movie that it was in :P that's all I'll say...

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 11:27:57 AM »
Is it the shuttle from insurrection which data was in at the start? lol im just thinking of ships from movies :D

~Jb06

JLS

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 11:32:33 AM »
Is it the shuttle from insurrection which data was in at the start? lol im just thinking of ships from movies :D

~Jb06

JLS

Nope though I do wonder if there is a decent model on BCFiles I might check on that one LOL

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2008, 11:40:19 AM »
Ok then lol is it a fed ship or another species?

Offline Adm_willie

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 11:42:38 AM »
I think its a Sabre class with those impulse engines

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2008, 12:23:50 PM »
I think so as well a saber class

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 12:44:28 PM »
Definitely a Saber. :)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 02:25:10 PM »
saber gets my vote as well. It can't be something with alot of open space in it (pylons) and the intrepid wasn't present with the sov in any movie...
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »
I'm venturing somewhere I really haven't ventured before...mapping.  Explination?  Glenn inspired me :D 

Thanks thats a great compliment indeed!! :)

Can't be a Saber, what looks to be a secondary hull on the right of the shot seems to sweep back too much. It honestly looks like a Sovvie to me or something close!?

Perhaps a Prometheus, Poseidon or Premonition Class?.
 :?

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 02:35:46 PM »
he said it was canon.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

admiral homer

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 02:52:05 PM »
At first i thought it was an akira but it could be a saber class. As for the shuttle out of insurrection there has been a decent model made but it was ported over from ef2 and featured an interior cockpit set and looked really good. It came as part of the sentinal sovvie pack by darkfallen shipyards which also featured a valkarie fighter from star trek invasion. Anyway sorry to go off on one just giving some useful (i hope) info

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2008, 03:11:45 PM »
Prometheus would be cannon, but the saucer seems to broad for that.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »
its a saber. our point of view is to the rear left, looking slightly down onto the impulse nozzle and saucer, with the bridge module as the prominent bump in the top left of the image

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
He mentioned it was with a sovie in ONE movie. IMO, evidence points to the saber, as seen in First Contact... as I see little evidence to show it's anything else.

-Aeires.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2008, 03:49:21 PM »
Steamrunner.

:arms:
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

intrepid90

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2008, 04:05:40 PM »
hmm
ok
lets guess too...
a ship that appeared together with the sovie in a movie...
nemesis cant be since enterprise is the only fed ship in there, and it definatley looks fed so...
dont remember insurection too good... but there was the holoship.. na...not good...
so everythinjg left is FC...
We had an Akira, a Steamrunner, a Norway and sabre and the millenium falcon :D...
hmm
sabre or norway i'd say. because everyone siaid sabre, I'll say Norway :P