Author Topic: Permission to come aboard???  (Read 842 times)

Offline coolguyli27

• Cookies: 3
Permission to come aboard???
« on: February 22, 2008, 10:45:49 PM »
After the events of the past day or so I have decided that I shall due dual releases of most of my stuff for Legacy and BC....To be honest the only reason I never released any of my stuff for BC was that I forgot how to mod BC...But after a long night of reading posts,experimentation and a few brain clusters sparking back to life it think it will be possible....My stuff isn't the greatest but my skills are improving...So with that said I hope you guys don't mind if I pop in now and then to ask some n00b questions if I get stuck....

Starforce if you are still willing to help let me know...I have 15 or so ships currently ready to get converted with a few others in various stages of construction....

I have started with The U.S.S. Sentinel...

and as a comparison this is a screen shot from Legacy

Coolguy 8)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: Permission to come aboard???
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 11:16:18 PM »
I will take as many as I can, but the main problem is their ms3d formatt and disecting which parts I need to keep on the meshes and which I need to deleted. I hope someone here can help you improve your ships because while your models are decent desgins and fairly detailed, you're textured are very bland, and your ships would be 100% better if you just keep doing what you're doing with better textures.

On a side note, if you could provide the models with the extra legacy stuff (damage and such) removed it'd be easier. Also, I know people who can release for sfc if you'd like me to turn over the ships to them as well.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline coolguyli27

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 12:20:26 AM »
Thanks Starforce...I know I need to work on my texturing  :D but also remember that the stuff I sent you is almost 10 months old...some of the stuff i did some updating to when I joined the Ultimate Universe Mod....And If I'm going to Re-release this stuff for BC I plan to do some further Updating to some of my older stuff...

I have already begun doing some model alterations..IE removing stuff that pertains to legacy.
That is actually an easy thing because I save The model at diffrent points of construction..and since i create the Logo meshes and Damage mesh last i should have 3dmax files somewhere without them...Just got to find them  :D...

I am currently working on some TOS era Cardassians that I was going to release soon and will be part of the next U.U. release..I like to think of them as TOS versions of the Galor and Kelden...like putting a Constitution next to a Sov..when I get a chance I will send you some modified files and you can see what you can do with them...
Pic

also if you there are people that want to use my stuff for other games like SFC i'm open to that as well

Coolguy 8)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:51:54 AM »
You've got some interesting stuff here. I agree with Starforce that the only thing you really need are better textures... otherwise, this is pretty good stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing these in BC.

-Aeries.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 09:02:26 AM »
Welcome back mate, I still use your starbase models to good effect. Looking forward to seeing some more stuff.