Author Topic: Problems with the Capture Ship script  (Read 946 times)

Offline NeoKaede

• Cookies: 4
  • We're watching you... scum.
Problems with the Capture Ship script
« on: March 05, 2008, 02:19:56 PM »
 Well, after a year I decided to reinstall BC and throw a bunch of mods on it, one of them being the Ship Capture script by Defiant. I know it was buggy and made BC more unstable than usual, but I tought, what the heck. The thing is, the latest version available (0.8) is not working as it should. I mean, the console doesn?t show any errors, and the new window in Felix's display works correctly, showing the shields and systems status of scanned ships, but the buttons for transporting marines to and from other vessels are not showing in Brex's menu.

These are the mods I have installed, more or less in this order:
- Foundation.
- NanoFX2.0.
- FTech.
- SDT2.0 (for Adonis Oberths).
- UMM.
- Submenu 3.7.
- GravityFX.
- Change Warp Speed 2.
- Distress Signal.
- Friendly fleet orders.
- Console tracker.

I can attach a console dump if necessary, but it shows nothing. I've tried running QB with just the basic three mutators, the tracker and the QBautostart mutator on, but results are the same.

Any ideas?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Problems with the Capture Ship script
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 02:27:47 PM »
in all honesty, you might want to consider making a KM 1.0 install and going from there; as it contains all the mods you listed above, and they all work perfectly together...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 02:57:43 PM »
Put all the txt files in scripts/Custom up here (in a zip) and we'll take a look.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline NeoKaede

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 04:57:09 PM »
in all honesty, you might want to consider making a KM 1.0 install and going from there; as it contains all the mods you listed above, and they all work perfectly together...

Yeah, you're right. I just don't like big modpacks like KM. I love choosing which mod I want in my install, so I can have only those I like the most. I'm very picky :P

Put all the txt files in scripts/Custom up here (in a zip) and we'll take a look.

Here it is.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 05:42:02 PM »
It appears to check for a particular mod, New Technology System (that's the mutators name). And it requires it to be on.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline NeoKaede

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »
It appears to check for a particular mod, New Technology System (that's the mutators name). And it requires it to be on.

The New Technology System... That's part of Defiant?s Tech Framework. Ok, thanks.