Author Topic: My First Legacy TO BC port...  (Read 1255 times)

Offline coolguyli27

• Cookies: 3
My First Legacy TO BC port...
« on: March 11, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »
After a month of testing and re-learning some things Like how to use the MPE  :shock: I have made my first successful port from Legacy to BC...Well actually second if you count the retextured Klingon Starbase I released on BC files a few days ago...

Once I get all my ships in BC I plan on doing some retextures...cause I know my textures are a little lacking...But passable for now  :D

so if your interested the LaFayette Class is available on BC files...
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/LaFayette_Class_Starship;87708

Also if you have K.M. 1.0 an update to my klingon starbase is availible..
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Klingon_Imperial_Starbase;87549

I owe some thanks to everyone here cause I've been snooping around the Forum  and it's been a
big help in re-learning some things....

More on the way
Coolguy  8)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
Re: My First Legacy TO BC port...
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 02:07:09 PM »
It is a nice ship.
Haven't had a chance yet to try it , I was sidetracked, get to it later, but I do have the downld, though.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 02:11:01 PM »
Small nit-pick... which may not be your fault, since you're just porting it... but... why the h311 are the small windows, when compared to the large 'indented' windows (on the lower hull) so tiny? I mean, either those larger windows are more than 3 decks high... or there was a tiiiiiiiiiiiny little bit of a scaling issue. :lol:

Otherwise, it's kinda neat.

Edit: Alright, so there are window indentations on the top of the hull as well... also, there is the bridge module size to be considered.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 02:15:32 PM »
I was hoping you would have gotten the models sorted for me so I could have gotten those done for ya..Oh well. Ya still need any help with them?
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
Aeries: This is coolguy's model. He released it to Legacy a long time ago.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 02:46:07 PM »
Aeries: This is coolguy's model. He released it to Legacy a long time ago.

Ah, understood.  :)

Offline coolguyli27

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 02:46:58 PM »
Small nit-pick... which may not be your fault, since you're just porting it... but... why the h311 are the small windows, when compared to the large 'indented' windows (on the lower hull) so tiny? I mean, either those larger windows are more than 3 decks high... or there was a tiiiiiiiiiiiny little bit of a scaling issue. :lol:

Otherwise, it's kinda neat.

Edit: Alright, so there are window indentations on the top of the hull as well... also, there is the bridge module size to be considered.

you are right  :D It is my ship so I'm not just porting it ... it is 100% my fault..I plan on fixing stuff like that once I get all my ship into BC..
when I first started out I was focusing more on modeling skills then texturing...But hey I would like to think Starfleet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has some dwarfs in it's ranks....
I have learned a few things about texturing since I made this ship last year....I've been trying to do more advanced textures on the newer stuff that I haven't released for Legacy or BC yet..but I still consider myself only half past n00b on the modding clock....still going through some tutorials...

sorry Starforce I haven't forgotten about you...I just really wanted to see if I could actually do it myself...And yes I would still like your help..I have 9 other ships currently in legacy that I want to get into BC and I'm working on some new stuff for the next Ultimate Universe release. So any help would be great...I have all the models ready...I needed to sort out the workings of BC so in the future as I make ships it will be quicker and easier to do dual BC/LEGACY releases..When I get a chance I will Zip the ships I need help with and send them out....

coolguy 8)

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 02:50:06 PM »
Very nice job but I agree with Aeries, the window scaling needs to be addressed.

Most likely you'll take care of that with the updated textures you plan on releasing.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 02:56:34 PM »
HAHA!
Heh, well Coolguy, you're still a step ahead of me; I've never textured before. The Mithra, as my very first 3d model, has yet to receive any such treatment.

In any event, I'm looking forward to what you can bring into the BC community. It looks like you have some really interesting works and talent to offer up.

~Aeries.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 06:06:05 PM »
To be honest, I'm really interested in your stations, still using the Starbase 329 you did.
Any update to that would be great!

Offline coolguyli27

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 06:52:14 PM »
To be honest, I'm really interested in your stations, still using the Starbase 329 you did.
Any update to that would be great!

I have returned to my station building roots for the next Ultimate Universe Release..Eventually that stuff will make it into BC.

I have considered revamping the 329...I'll add it to my list  :D

Coolguy 8)

intrepid90

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 08:10:31 AM »
its a nice ship, downloading her now ;)
though of what I've read she could be a bit too strong IMO

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 11:03:30 PM »
I downloaded that ship yesterday, I must say she's an interesting vessel.  Her deflector and weapons pod remind me of the Luna-class.  My only complaint is the weapons, she could use torpedoes other than the stock torpedoes, and the phasers have a super long charge.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 11:28:04 PM »
If longisland sends me the specs on it I can tweak the hp and release an update. I also want to check to see if he got the scale right. I got some work done on the next one, basicly to get the best match I'll split each main bank into 2, I got one ventral bank set which, usually, means I can simply mirror the other side, so It wont be much longer...
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129