Author Topic: Hardpointing Asylums Gagarn  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Hardpointing Asylums Gagarn
« on: March 16, 2008, 11:09:26 PM »
I think it was generaly agreed upon that this ship would probably have been in the same era as the new orleans, freedom, challenger ect, in other words some where in the early tng period. I am planneing to ballance it somewhere along with the wolf359 ships I converted back in 2006. Now, I am wondering, should I do that, or should I do a dominion war/stx era hardpoint instead, or both (since it wouldn't be any more dificult than changing stats. At 278M it is smaller than the smallest of the Wolf359 vessels, the New Orleans at 340m. I will put it over the larger freedom in shield power and combat ability due to the freedom's obvious older appearence and lack of large phaser arrays and the challenger for the fact that the Gagarn also has torps.

If I do a dominion war STX hp it will give the oppertunity to use the fancy STX photon, and turning off the single fire on the phaserbanks.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: Hardpointing Asylums Gagarn
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:46:08 PM »
Wolf 359 era sounds about right to me.

It would compliment the Freedom, New Orleans, etc. etc. nicely I think.

Jay Crimson

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 05:17:41 AM »
Ent-C to Wolf359 era definately. As nice as she looks I'd hate her with a dominion war refit, let alone stx. I just can't imagine her with shields above 10,000 or quantum torpedoes.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 08:53:41 AM »
i wouldnt mind seeing both versions, in all honesty...

Jeffery_Hawkins

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 10:57:19 AM »
i wouldnt mind seeing both versions, in all honesty...

Me neither.

Offline Vortex

• Modder in Learning
  • Cookies: 28
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 11:12:10 AM »
Both would be cool.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2008, 03:45:27 PM »
well, it's getting close.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2008, 04:43:45 PM »
perhaps you could release two different hps in the same package?

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2008, 04:47:48 PM »
Yea I could do that, it'd be simply an issue of changing stats and the torpedo type. I'll be using something out of dkealts pack for tng torpedo, where as the dominion war one would be voyager or ds9 styled photons and if we wanted to upgrade further stx would fire multiple phaser beams if the arcs overlap, which they do in a few spots, and fire the sov photon. I could just combine stx and dominion war as one hp. I'm still debating if it should have quantums for that...or if the STX photons should be a mark 2 photon and it should simply fire 2 types of photon, one strong than the other. Is it just me or does that sound retarded?
Read my mod blog!

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2008, 11:02:08 PM »
Actually, the Dominion War hardpoint COULD be a testbed for new weaponry, so it has the STX torpedoes but in a smallish quantity, but has a full brace of standard photon torpedoes as a back-up.  No quantums though.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 02:07:18 AM »
just to keep everyone up to date, the gagarn is essentially done except for a bug relating to the rear phasers firing through the nacelles, it seems the MPE is mirroring the arcs. I'll either redo them or just make them point emitters (no charge effect) due to their small size and odd shape. Depending on how much effort is needed for this it should ne done soon.
Read my mod blog!