Author Topic: Loss of "Set Up Quickbattle" menu  (Read 1092 times)

Asunachan

Loss of "Set Up Quickbattle" menu
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:39:46 AM »
I am no longer able to set up a quickbattle. I can get the the bridge scene for when the quickbattle menu is supposed to appear. Any in site on this problem? I am hoping I can resolve this with out uninstalling, removing all the mods, and reinstalling. If I need to replace files, please, a list of the files I should have in the right folders would help (edited for clarity)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Loss of "Set Up Quickbattle" menu
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 11:27:15 AM »
Check the console first.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Asunachan

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 12:28:43 PM »
Console? Where is that?? Sorry, I am a bit of a newbie with all this modding

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »
See the how to beat the black screen of death sticky on how to get a console report.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Asunachan

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:24:41 PM »
Ok, I got the screen shot. There's something about line 1304 in the QuickBattle.py in generateshipmenu, and in the 000-fixes20040628-shipsublistv3_7foundation.py in line 73 and line 130. at the end of the script errors it says "OSError: (3, 'No such process'). Is it saying I am missing the scripts?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 03:39:39 PM »
Post the actual screenshot please.

Asunachan

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 04:22:59 PM »
Ok. It's attached. I did manage to get the set up quick battle menu back by adding MVAM, but if i have QBautostart extension and the MVAM mutators  both turned on and I try starting a quick battle I get the nice STBC.exe has quit unexpectedly   

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 06:43:02 PM »
How terribly sorry it seems I made a mistake when I scripted that.
I forgot not everyone would have installed MVAM Infinite. :S

Copy the contents of this zip directly into your BC directory, and make sure it keeps the (file)path intact.

Asunachan

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 07:08:22 PM »
It's ok. I know how you feel. I write TI-84 programs for my own benefit and people wish to have them when they see me working on it and I forget to give them a full finished debugged 100% working version. And it works, Thank you