Author Topic: century class rexteture (WIP)  (Read 1380 times)

Offline laguardia528

• Cookies: 4
  • Inspiration comes to those who haven't got a clue
century class rexteture (WIP)
« on: April 05, 2008, 09:39:38 PM »
this is a wip thread for three retextures of the century class. it was originally going to be four ships but it turns out the textures on the fourth ship were corrupted, so......

The ships and their changes are as follows:
The USS Guardian - Changed bussard colors and added registries to it using the Century Blank Textures, also added two aft phasers to the hardpoint.

The USS Crusader - Bussards and registrys changed, also added a cloak.

The USS Arizona - Bussards and Registrys, strengthened shielding.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: century class rexteture (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 10:01:30 PM »
Interesting. Might I suggest a more cannon font for the registries?

Offline laguardia528

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 10:48:33 PM »
i fully agree with you on that with the exception of the Arizona. Trouble is im extremely bad at registries.

i want to keep the arizona font cause that's how it was on the SS Arizona at pearl harbor.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 11:02:27 PM »
Up to you. Doesn't take much to make canon registries. Just look around for some federation fonts. At the top of this forum, there are a lot of stickies for helping with various things. Of particular note, here, there is a very useful topic regarding registries, made by Wiley Coyote. he's an excellent texturer and his guide is very informative. I suggest you take a look at it; you may like it.

~Aeries.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 02:07:36 PM »
And also, if you have the SNS galaxy there should be a tutorial for the red and white outlines on the registry.  It'll give it a more cannon look as well
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline JerichoKru

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 11:59:38 AM »
Because I am a nice person, here is the font for the hull
~ [UFP]JerichoKru

Offline laguardia528

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 08:36:09 PM »
thanks jericho for the font, it helped alot.

Offline laguardia528

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 12:48:46 AM »
im thinking this is going to be close to the final version. getting that font really helped, so did wiley's tutorial. if there are any suggestions, please: let me know.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 01:27:23 AM »
What's with the blue chunks in the first and second pics?

My suggestion,(particularly for the second ship pic) around the whole rim area (between the beveled armor and the phaser arrays) , make it gray as you did on the front. The blue looks WAY out of place, in my opinion... otherwise you've got yourself an interesting start.

Jay Crimson

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 05:29:33 AM »
I see you have used the federation logo on your vessel in some occasions (the starry globe with leafs). However, this logo represents the federation itself rather then a starfleet vessel. I believe the logo you are using is mostly used only on ambassadorial vessels and other buildings or vehicles with a representive function for the federation herself rather than a starfleet vessel. A symbol which may fit better (unless this vessel is of course the presidents vessel) would be the infamous /\ logo perhaps.

Still I like your textures. They may need some adjusting here and there still but they're great practise for retexturing.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 08:22:46 AM »
I like the idea of a "Starship 1" presidential vessel
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline laguardia528

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 06:04:02 PM »
starship 1 kinda fits on one of these as its supposed to be part of earth's defense fleet. i thought it would make sense on that one, but i changed it for the other ships to the insignia from AGT

hows this looking?

Offline laguardia528

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 07:49:52 PM »
These are the final shots for the Crusader. I've decided against releasing the Arizona for now, maybe until December 7th.

I've adjusted the lighting on the Crusader around the nacelles, making the bussards seem to draw light inward, and also adjusted the deflector to seem "stealthier"

If DJ will give me the ok i can release the Guardian and Crusader within the month.