Author Topic: New Europa-class  (Read 1768 times)

Offline CaptainRussell

• Cookies: 25
New Europa-class
« on: September 05, 2006, 04:18:37 PM »

AndrewJ

New Europa-class
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »
Woah four nacelles? whats the top warp speed of this ship  8)

Mr Data Warp 22?  :lol:

Offline CaptainRussell

New Europa-class
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 09:24:37 PM »
No it's not a transwarp ship; it can accelerate very quickly to a speed of up to around warp 9.9999 (faster than a Sovereign-class) and requires 2 warp cores to feed its extreme power demands.

One thing I heard of that can fix the damaging of this ship is to make a copy of the model file, "Europa.nif" in the "data/Models/Ships/Europa" folder and rename it "Europa_vox.nif".  This will dislocate many of the subsystems (not model wise) but will allow the ship to damage correctly - I also think that weapons will still fire from the appropriate positions, but when targetted will be in wierd spots.

-CR

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
New Europa-class
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 08:28:52 AM »
if I was to be honest, I think thats overkill on the nacelle front ;)
Nice modelling though :)

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

AndrewJ

New Europa-class
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 12:58:26 PM »
Give it a few month someone will be sarcastic and shove eight nacelles on it. :lol:

Offline CaptainRussell

New Europa-class
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:05:33 PM »
Quote from: cpthooker
if I was to be honest, I think thats overkill on the nacelle front ;)
Nice modelling though :)

Thanks; the whole multi-nacelle refit thing is pretty controversial, and many people don't like multi-nacelle refits, whereas some people love them.  I actually like multi-nacelle ships because I think that they look really cool more than anything else (forget enhanced firepower and warp capability).  I've actually been rebuilding the CG Sovereign in Milkshape to remove all of the smoothing problems caused by Milkshape, so you all can expect a new Intimidator-class with no smoothing errors and new high-detail additional components with much better texturing that matches that of the rest of the Sovereign-class.  I might also make a Kelvin-class Refit (Sovereign-Nebula analog) from the weapons pod of my Nebula-class (re-textured with Sovereign-style textures) and some other new components.

-CR

AndrewJ

New Europa-class
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 03:37:54 PM »
How about a Nebula Class with the pod on the bottom section and additonal nacelles on the normal pod section :D you could then add a impulse engine on the rear of the new nacelles.

:D