Author Topic: Weird warp issues...  (Read 923 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Weird warp issues...
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:45:01 AM »
Okay, I had the Galaxy Chart mod installed, then I installed KM 1.0.  After that, I couldn't use the Galaxy Chart mod to warp any more.  If I selected a system and hit warp, it would just sit there.  Nor could I change the warp speed.  Then I deactivated the Galaxy Chart mod and yay, I could warp, but only at Warp 6, no changing, and the ship barely moves in the "warp" map.  It will move if I tap the full impulse key repeatedly though...what's going on?

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Weird warp issues...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:02:48 AM »
Galaxy Charts change some key scripts in NFX and GravityFX. Reinstall Galaxy Charts and you should be fine.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:51:00 AM »
You shouldn't really use the normal Warp button anymore.
This is a known issue.

There is a new button, that Galaxy Charts adds, that you should use.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 12:03:20 PM »
Well MLeo, reinstalling helped and as long as I set a course in Stellar Cartography, I can use the regular warp button or the one in the Stellar Cartog. lol

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 01:12:22 PM »
I've never had a problem with using the old warp button. :? But, the problem is solved.

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 07:52:20 PM »
I've never had a problem with using the old warp button. :? But, the problem is solved.
And you shouldn't have a problem with the old warp button. WHen GC is online, it overwrites the old warp button (from Helm's menu) to use GC's system.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download