Author Topic: BSOD - AttributeError: PreLoad Assets (MRJohn's NXEnterprise Study)  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
Everything in BC was working fine this morning.  Then I downloaded several ships, including: MRJohn's NXEnterprise Study, WZ's Miranda Pack, the Mnemosyne Titan, the BC2 D'deridex, the Enterprise G, the Enterprise I, and the USS Sentinel.  Now when I open BC and go to quick battle, I get to the bridge and then the game crashes without error or warning.  Here's a console report taken just as QB came up.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
RE: BSOD - AttributeError: PreLoad Assets (MRJohn's NXEnterprise Study)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 03:21:44 PM »
eeks - this is why you should test each ship/mod before installing another lol :P
it really does narrow down where something went wrong...

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 03:24:28 PM »
Well, I tried removing all of the py's in the custom/ships folder for each of those, still the same problem.  :(

Oh, and I installed the BC Ship Menu Creator, if that helps at all.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 03:43:42 PM »
Well, the console doesn't reveal anything. Links please.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 03:50:03 PM »
BCSMC wouldnt have caused the error...
i do recall some people having issues with the Ent-G i think?  do you have all the necessary requirements for each of those ships?

or, the long way would be deleting all the pys and pycs in your install of the ships in scripts/Custom/Ships, scripts/ships, and scripts/ships/hardpoints...  as well, delete the folders of the ships in the Data/Models/Ships folder (i think that covers everything)...

then, fire up BC and it should work once all traces of the ships are removed...  if BC is ok at that point, then go one by one, ship by ship...

the console report doesnt show anything, i imagine the actual error is listed above the preload assets line in the console report...

there is a way to have the entire report printed on a text file - but in all honesty i dont recall offhand at the moment exactly how to do that lol

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 03:56:41 PM »
Well, in order to "remove" a ship from your BC install without deleting everything, all you have to do is delete the .pycs that pertain to your ships in custom/ships and perhaps custom/carriers and comment "#" out the .pys

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 05:27:53 PM »
The console doesn't show anything since nothing has happend yet.

Random crashes in BC are generally caused by missing projectile scripts.

Try every ship you are using (including by default) on its own against an asteroid and test every projectile until you get to the one that crashes, post the link to that mod in which the ship came by and we'll try to help you out.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 05:30:15 PM »
Okay, I got it sorted out.  If I had actually paid attention, there were two zips inside the NXEnterprise Study zip that needed to be installed in order for it to work right.  Of course, some of that overwrote some of the new tech stuff in KM, so I have to get that stuff all over again.  Oh well, at least the darn thing works now.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 06:14:17 PM »
lol well thats good news...  :)

just remember for future reference to try each thing out before installing something new...  and always make backups before installing anything new...  :P

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 06:16:08 PM »
Oh, definitely.  I just  hope that reinstalling the KM stuff won't render the NXEnterprise unusable. :P

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 10:08:19 AM »
It shouldn't because the NXEnterprise will just call on the updated and probably more reliable code, if it was changed at all.