Author Topic: BSOD - KeyError: Expansion001 (BC Supermod)  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
BSOD - KeyError: Expansion001 (BC Supermod)
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:49:51 PM »
I tried expanding my BC Supermod v3 with NFXv2 and BPCore: Gold. When I installed NFX, I got an error regarding the ship defs. The original code in some of the ship files read like this:
Code: [Select]
Foundation.ShipDef.NXAkira = Foundation.AkiraDef(abbrev, species, { 'name': longName, 'iconName': iconName, 'shipFile': shipFile, "SubMenu": SubMenu })I changed them to this in order to work with NFX
Foundation.ShipDef.NXAkira = Foundation.FedShipDef(abbrev, species, { 'name': longName, 'iconName': iconName, 'shipFile': shipFile, "SubMenu": SubMenu })Then, I had an issue with scripts/Custom/AdvancedTechnologies/data/_int_.py. The second line of _int_ had this
from ATP_Config import *and I commented it out, as it was giving me a BSOD.
Now, I cannot start a new game or load a mission from the missions section. Here is my error report.

Edit: I tried QB and I get the same error. The load screen shows, and then all I get is a black screen, with no cursor.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
RE: BSOD - KeyError: Expansion001 (BC Supermod)
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 05:20:49 PM »
It's a sticky issue.

Please notice the hint.

Here is another one, FAQ.

To put it all together, this very specific one is answerd in the frequently asked questions sticky with a very, very, painless solution that even allows you to use ATP1.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline CaptainRussell

• Cookies: 25
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 05:29:42 PM »
If any of those other mods you installed includes a new Foundation script, then you just screwed up the game.

I have editted the Foundation script for the BC Super Mod V3.0 to add the old ShipDef parameters back so that Felix will say what class or type of ship was blown up in Quickbattle and whether it was a friendly or enemy ship.

Didn't I already say not to mix this modification with other modifications?

Use a separate installation for Bridge Commander for the super mods.

-CR

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 05:35:11 PM »
If any of those other mods you installed includes a new Foundation script, then you just screwed up the game.

I have editted the Foundation script for the BC Super Mod V3.0 to add the old ShipDef parameters back so that Felix will say what class or type of ship was blown up in Quickbattle and whether it was a friendly or enemy ship.

Didn't I already say not to mix this modification with other modifications?

Use a separate installation for Bridge Commander for the super mods.

-CR
Please, don't see this as critisism, ever thought of just providing overrides (or even "permanent" overrides)?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 05:39:37 PM »
@MLeo  Thanks, sorry for not reading the stickies.

@CR I know I'm not supposed to mix it, but I do want to expand it to make even better with NFX and BPCore.