Author Topic: More Problems with Plugins - the wrong ship icon is showing up when the ship is played, but not in the QB menu.  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
I've had to restart my BC install from scratch, so I've been very meticulous with my ship plugins, and trying to keep the file sizes as small as possible. I am having a weird problem with only one custom plugin though, the wrong ship icon is showing up when the ship is played, but not in the QB menu, also there is nothing in the console. Here is the plugin, and screenshots of the problem will be up shortly are up.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Which of the 2 ships are you having problems with exactly?

The problem is strange, since they both should use the same icon (they use the same information).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Both, and I checked the .tga file, it is the correct file.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Then I think I'll need a screenshot.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Of what? I provided screenshots of the actual problem. Do you want a console report or my file folders? Regardless of what people may think, I cannot read minds. (Joking :P)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
They weren't attached when I posted.

I suspect that you have another ship called Century, this time a Nebula class, but the icon for this particular ship is registered to the same species (number) as that Nebula class, mostlikely one that is loaded later.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
I don't really understand what you mean by "species," however, I did try the USS Century, and it works fine. Now, I'm really confused.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Try changing the name of the ship that doesn't work by adding a space after the name (but before the " or ')

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
I changed the abbrev, should I change the long name?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Try it first with just the abbrev, changing the longname could mess up other things.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
The abbrev didn't do anything.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Then try changing the longname as well, in the same manner.
I've just confirmed that it won't mess up like all BCMP generated plugins when you do that (thiank you DJ, or whoever made the plugin).

Attach it as well when you have tried it. The changed plugin that is.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
No luck, here is the the plugin. By the way, the original plugins were from DJ's ships, however, I have combined and modified them.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
I think you added the same one as before, since I don't, directly, see any changes I mentioned.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
I removed the parentheses from the long name. What specifically do you think would make a difference, as I have ships that have differing abbrev and long names. I also shortened the abbrev name to 'EntFDJ' and the was still no change. I also made sure that I deleted the .pyc after every change. I am going to try changing both the abbrev and long names to 'EntFDJ'.

Edit: No luck, here's the plugin. I hope I did what you asked.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Nice abbrev name Mleo, however it didn't work. I am at a loss. Should I try separating the two ships' plugins?

I tried splitting the plugins and the problem persists. Why doesn't the problem show up with the USS Century?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
And when you play as the Century it also works?

Have you tried changing to another icon, just to try it out? Say, KessokMine?

iconName = 'Century'
becomes:
iconName = 'KessokMine'

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
The Century is fine when I play it, and changing the icon name had no effect.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
The Century is fine when I play it, and changing the icon name had no effect.
Then it would seem something else is amiss.

Type this into the console after you have started QB (you don't have to setup and started a battle for this):
Code: [Select]
import Foundation
print Foundation.ShipDef.EnterpriseF
print Foundation.ShipDef.EnterpriseF.iconName

Capitalisation matters.