Author Topic: More Problems with Plugins - the wrong ship icon is showing up when the ship is played, but not in the QB menu.  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Here you go. By the way, I changed the icon to the worker bee in the last troubleshooting step.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Ok, try this next:
Code: [Select]
import Foundation
print Foundation.ShipDef.EnterpriseF.__dict__.keys()
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Here you are. Took me a few tries before I realized that there was supposed to be two underscores.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Those are double __ not single _
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
About the underscores or the real problem you are having? If it's the latter, please enlighten us.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
The underscores, I'm baffled about my problem.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
So what did it say after you found the __ problem?

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
It is in the picture I posted, at the bottom of the report.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
You know, you really should not be having this problem. :(

I'll whip up some debug scripts tomorrow, I doubt I should do this now (considering I overlooked the info you provided in the screenshot).

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
It's ok MLeo, take your time.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
I've been looking through the scripts, and normally this shouldn't be able to happen, otherwise changing the name would have taken care of it.

Can you try disabling QBAutostart and see if that changes anything?

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Tried and I had the same results. I don't get it. I've looked at the plugin hundreds of times. Hell, I had a dream that we figured out the problem. (The solution in the dream by the way was that there was a period in import App.) I've tried replacing other important scripts with my backups and the problem still persists, and only on this one ship. Ugh, I'm off to bed.

Aaagh! This problem is popping up all over the place! More ships are succumbing to this disease. It's not limited to replacing with the Nebula icon either. Some are being replaced with the Akira icon, and the console still reveals nothing. Also, it's not limited to multi-ship plugins, single ship plugins are also having problems.

:( Please don't forget about me Mleo, I still need your help.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Bump, my problem still exists and I am still without ideas.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
I'm afraid EDITs don't generate e-mails. :(

Try disabling all mutators except for the first 3.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Sorry about the edits. I figured if I edited the post, it would show as new, yet I wouldn't be double or triple posting.

The problem is still there.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
You know, this ought to be impossible. :(

Did you do anything between these random changes?

Offline Ambassador

• Untitled
  • Cookies: 33
I dunno for sure, but I'm starting to lean towards some sort of data corruption.  Perhaps a download messed up a bit or the install didn't copy 100% correctly?

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
I don't think I've changed anything. I've even gone back and restored some of the KM 1.0 scripts, except for the plugins, from time to time. I always check to see if the icons and other related files are there, plus if my download was corrupted, wouldn't winrar tell me? I'm going to go through and restore the KM scripts again, and see if anything changes.

Problem has been solved here.

Offline Ambassador

• Untitled
  • Cookies: 33
plus if my download was corrupted, wouldn't winrar tell me?

Not always.