Author Topic: Two different ships with same name, one not showing up.  (Read 939 times)

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
Two different ships with same name, one not showing up.
« on: April 27, 2008, 12:51:24 PM »
hello, i recently downloaded the TOS mod package and carefully read the readme, and could not find a solution to my problem. I am having problems with the TOS USS Enterprise production model, its not showing up. I also have Zombie Zans Constitution Refit pack installed (readme said nothing about) and after installing the TOS pack, my TMP 1701 moved from the TMP menu to the TOS menu. The only other ships in the Feds TOS menu are the pilot and 2nd pilot versions of the 1701. Im just kinda curious as to where the normal 1701 went... cuz that one's awesome.  thank you for your time

-Erk

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Two different ships with same name, one not showing up.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 01:00:55 PM »
Try renaming both the long and short name in scripts/custom/ships for both of these ships. Make sure the name is unique ex. 'Connie (ZZ)' I believe BC has this problem whenever two ships have the same name.

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 01:31:12 PM »
thanks! that worked. case closed

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 01:58:12 PM »
Or alternatively, change what menu they appear in.  You'll probably notice that the Essex has the same problem. :P

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 11:44:48 PM »
An amendment to what I said earlier: BC will not support parentheses () in the "abbrev" line. It will cause a very interesting error, that resulted in me being unable to use the "Add Ships" button in Saffi's menu and the akira icon showing up for all ships with parentheses in the abbrev line.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:09:30 AM »
Try adding a \ before the '
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.