Author Topic: Game playable/buildable ?  (Read 1635 times)

Offline captblack

• Cookies: 0
Game playable/buildable ?
« on: May 12, 2008, 08:48:28 PM »
  Hello, I dont post much but i thought you ship creating mod experts could do me a small favor My little brother likes power rangers and he has all the shows on tape and one day he was watching one season that is in outer space like Star trek and i saw this ship (image below) and it really drew my attention and thought someone could possibly make it game playable. I know this may seem noobish but it does not hurt to ask does it??????

now you see me...now you dont

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Game playable/buildable ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:51:40 PM »
Right now anyone who can do what you are asking is either busy with their own projects, real life, or both. However, it doesn't hurt to try your own hand at 3d modeling. As soon as I can get the money, I'm going to be buying Max and starting myself. Long story short, if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.

Offline captblack

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 08:59:24 PM »
  Well i dont want people to just drop everything and work on something a noobie wants and If i has ANY understanding or knowledge of how to build ships/script them i dont even know where to start if i did try to do it myself.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2008, 09:13:07 PM »
lol...rangers just gets crappier with every incarnation. Nothing beats the original dragonzord and megazord battles.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 03:47:16 AM »
does anyone else see a resemblance to the millenium falcon?
there seems to be a sudden surge in requests the last couple days.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 03:53:23 AM »
I thought it looked more like the Defiant personally. Move the engines thingies sticking out the side to the bottom and sort of squish everything, and you get that monstrosity :P :lol:!
MUSE!!!

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 05:18:43 AM »
does anyone else see a resemblance to the millenium falcon?
there seems to be a sudden surge in requests the last couple days.
More like a surge of new patrons ;)

Plus, requests are generally frowned upon around here.

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline captblack

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 04:21:03 PM »
  What do you expect????  There are some great modders like DJ Curtis and i think you all get lots of requests because it would be really cool to see a ship they like put into bridge commander and I tried (hopefully others have) to ask nicely if some of those great modders would take the time when there not busy with projects (i know they have lives too) to try to make some of the requested ships. Who knows maybe you should make people pay to have there ships made.

Offline lint

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 04:27:14 PM »
i think if we charged the typical rate for a good quality mesh + textures, people would find it quite expensive  :?

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 03:45:53 AM »
i think if we charged the typical rate for a good quality mesh + textures, people would find it quite expensive  :?
Yeah, we can be quite expensive ;)
Plus, the source material is hardly good.  Much too small and all that ;)

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Picard_1

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 03:49:24 AM »
Nothing beats the original dragonzord and megazord battles.

So you watched the Power Rangers eh? I bet you loved the Green Ranger too! :lol:

Offline newman

• Cookies: 33
  • Hello, Jerry.
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 04:14:35 AM »
No offense, but I never really understood these requests for free work. People with the necessary skill sets are bound to be busy - these skills are in high demand in the industry.
So if anyone with the right skill set wants to do some free hobby work - do you really think that person lacks ideas on what to do? Someone skilled and creative already has ideas of his own.
Unless, of course, you're willing to pay for the work, in which case it's like any freelance project.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2008, 06:55:07 AM »
What is really getting pointless is how every time a person makes a request for a mod they are getting essentially badgered by 6 people who are esentially saying the same thing over and over and making it out to be some kind of sin that this person made a request. If you don't wish to fill the persons request, don't post in the thread. If someone has already made the point about people being busy and/or told the person to go learn to do it themselves, don't make the point 6 more times. There is alot of stuff in BC right now that probably wouldn't be there if someone hadn't made a request for it, if not here, in SFC, armada or legacy where the original ship/station was made. It never hurts to have ideas thrown out there, even if they are from n00b's, so lets maybe stop being rude to them. 

edit: (I should specify that I didn't mean any one post was rude...just that saying it 6 times over was rude in general)   
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline newman

• Cookies: 33
  • Hello, Jerry.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2008, 07:26:31 AM »
Is that aimed at me? My post wasn't rude.
And if every time such a request happens there's a similar response from many people, then maybe those people have a point? Or even, god forbid, a right to their own opinion? When a request is made, people can either accept or refuse. Why is this so strange? I'd understand if I was being warned because my post was offensive - but it wasn't.

Offline limey BSc.

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
What is really getting pointless is how every time a person makes a request for a mod they are getting essentially badgered by 6 people who are esentially saying the same thing over and over and making it out to be some kind of sin that this person made a request. If you don't wish to fill the persons request, don't post in the thread. If someone has already made the point about people being busy and/or told the person to go learn to do it themselves, don't make the point 6 more times. There is alot of stuff in BC right now that probably wouldn't be there if someone hadn't made a request for it, if not here, in SFC, armada or legacy where the original ship/station was made. It never hurts to have ideas thrown out there, even if they are from n00b's, so lets maybe stop being rude to them.

QFT!!
MUSE!!!

Offline lint

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008, 10:09:53 AM »
i dont see ANYONE being rude in any response on this thread?,
each of the replies have been polite and non condescending  ranging from the design of the ship, not really enough reference material and the price of hiring someone to build a mesh.
and 95% of the time when someone makes a request for a ship they dont realize the people who are capable of such a thing are usually busy with a project and already have a lot of other projects backed up,
I think if someone is making a request they would rather know that instead of no one posting in the thread and trying to figure out if they are just being ignored and in return would probably keep asking and asking.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
Ok, without pointing any fingers;
When someone makes a request for a mod, we only need to tell them once that most modders capable of the work are busy with their own projects etc. If any modder then wants to take on the request they are free to do so.

As has been pointed out, there is no acrimony here, so lets get back on topic. Subject closed.

Thanks

El.