Author Topic: Babylon 5 models  (Read 1358 times)

Offline Londo

• Cookies: 0
Babylon 5 models
« on: May 18, 2008, 07:39:20 PM »
Hi I am new to modding Bridge commander I did so some B5 mods for Klingon academy and would like to convert them over to BC. Unfortunately I'm not having a great deal of success other than I have a vorlon transport in the game in which all the textures glow like a christmas tree.  If anybody would be interested in helping get these ships into BC that would be great.  Basically I converted some high poly lightwave meshes to low poly for Ka and redid the textures Looking for someone to do the hardpointing, animated textures and mvam work(would like to see the wings on the fighter and transport come out) Here's a pic of my glowing transport

Thanks

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: Babylon 5 models
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 08:51:44 PM »
either your textures don't have alpha or they do and they are blank/white. Honestly though, if it could be toned down a little to give the ship just a slight glow it'd be perfect.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Londo

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 10:22:42 PM »
I just converted my .bmp textures to .tga.  Guess I don't really understand the "alpha" stuff

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 04:42:51 AM »
In Photoshop, got to the channels tab and add a new channel, which should be named "Alpha 1" in that channel, mark the areas you want to glow white, stuff that should not glow, leave black. Easy as pie ;)

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline Londo

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
How about for paint shop pro 6? Every time I get an alpha layer in the texture and try to save it.  Paint shop removes it

Offline Londo

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2008, 09:05:39 PM »
Ok I got paint shop to store an alpha channel, but texture still glows white.  I also went into lightwave and made specular textures and saved those as alpha but no luck it still glows

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 12:15:20 AM »
if the alpha is white the ship will glow. Also, is it saved as a 32 bit tga?
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Londo

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 08:44:17 AM »
In Paintshop when I try to save the alpha channel the preview of it is always white.  I can find no way to make it black.  As far as the texture format I think I'm saving them correctly as the info on my textures matches other textures used in the game

Thank You

Offline Londo

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2008, 09:52:41 PM »
I've tried 4 different programs on this and no matter what I do the texture glows, eventhough the preview of the alpha channel in paint shop is black.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2008, 12:07:46 PM »
hmm, if you like, you could send me the textures and I will have a look on them and try to fix it for you.
When you interested just give a shout!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline Londo

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 10:09:14 AM »
Sure that sounds great.  I'm going to be out of town for a few days so I'll have to send them sometime next week

Offline Londo

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2008, 08:40:40 PM »
Rengers e-mail me where you want the textures sent

Thanks