Author Topic: USS Bonaventure NCC-1000 by WileyCoyote BSOD - ValueError: Empty module name  (Read 984 times)

Offline cor

• Cookies: 0
Hello All,

I get the following after I launch BC to checkout WileyCoyote's lastest creation.  What do I need to do to correct this?

Thank you.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Could you attach the scripts/Foundation.py file?

The line numbers don't match up with my version (could mean anything or nothing, I just like to see the right line at the right number).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline cor

Hi Mleo,

Here is my scripts/Foundation.py file.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Try putting this one in it, it will produce debug information.

Run it, and take a new screenshot of the console.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline cor

I launched BC and the game did not lockup.  I reached the bridge, but the game crashed immediately, but when I re-launched again, I was able to get to the bridge and configure a match using Wiley's ship and another TOS ship ( hmmmmm ).

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
No, after you put the file I attached (a modified version of your Foundation.py) in your BC, you should rerun BC and take another console report, with the new debug data in it.