Author Topic: AI Wont attack.  (Read 2394 times)

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
Re: AI Wont attack.
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »
MLeo, I see. Though, all these ships worked before. I never had a problem with them, these are the same ones i've been fighting for the past 4 weeks. Though suddenly it's like the ship AI just quit caring for some reason and they just sit idle in space. I removed the TargetGroup override from the folder and put it on my desktop and nothing happened yet, they still just sat there doing nothing.

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2008, 03:09:52 PM »
Another thing is, now whenever I destroy a ship it says "Simulated Ship Destroyed" I know there was a fix for this and now I can't find it, any direction of it? Thanks

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2008, 03:19:27 PM »
I suppose it's possible the Foundation has been overwritten by the NX Enterprise-G study. :S

Have you installed the patch for this ship?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2008, 03:25:08 PM »
Yep, I installed everything, all the updates, patches and everything and nothing works. I might have to delete the ship and reinstall KM so I dont lose everything hopefully. Also do you know of getting rid of her saying that the simulated ships been destroyed? Cause it's annoying. Lol

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2008, 03:33:48 PM »
I would say that the NX Enteprise-G (notice the lack of r) has messed up your BC.

I've just downloaded it (argh, an installer :x), and it include an AI "fix" (I put it in parantheses because it would appear this is messing things up for you).

Go to scripts/ and rename the AI directory to AIBroken
Then copy the scripts/AI directory from the SDK and put it in scripts/
And lastly, put the scripts/AI directory from the KM zip and put it in your scripts/
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2008, 03:41:59 PM »
Alright, done that and things are working now except for that woman who keeps saying simulated ships. What's the quick fix for that?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2008, 05:28:19 PM »
Well, there aren't any scripts included with the NX Enteprise-G study that would do this (as far as I can currently see).

Anything in the console?

Offline FourChan

• Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 02:49:20 AM »
Nope, sorry for being so late, some things came up. But the ships attack now though she still says that stuff about simulation. I dunno what part in the KM mod it was, she said though "Enemy ship destroyed" and the guys all, "We got 'em"

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 03:42:21 AM »
Nope, sorry for being so late, some things came up. But the ships attack now though she still says that stuff about simulation. I dunno what part in the KM mod it was, she said though "Enemy ship destroyed" and the guys all, "We got 'em"

I think this can be changed by editing the TGL files, i'm not sure which one in particular though.
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 05:22:31 AM »
Well, it shouldn't be caused by the NX Enteprise-G Study ship.

Try copying the QuickBattle.py from the KM1.0 zip to scripts/QuickBattle/ and let it overwrite the one there?