Author Topic: Any way to get Specular Highlights to stay constantally on?  (Read 1120 times)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
I was testing JB's YOH Voy before and decided to take the ship to warp using Galaxy Charts and the ship looked so much more canon when I did that. GC seems to emphasise the Spec Maps on ships so they look like their always on. Is there any way to do that to normal BC? I've included some screenshots.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
Re: Any way to get Specular Highlights to stay constantally on?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 05:45:48 PM »
Specs are disabled automatically after a major event or something in NanoFX2. There was a thread before which said something about it... I can't quite remember though.
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 05:48:57 PM »
These shots are in normal QB with the ships tilted at the right angle so the spec maps show, except the last one, which I have kept so you can compare the differences.

BTW DOESN'T THAT SHIP LOOK AWSOME??????????????

Specs are disabled automatically after a major event or something in NanoFX2. It's a bug, I think. There was a thread before which said something about it... I can't quite remember though.

I know what you are talking about, it the fix bright glow bug. My specs work fine, but i'd like them to display constantly so they'd look like they do in these shots no matter what angle the ships are at.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 05:54:24 PM »
That's to do with the Directional Light, methinks. Or perhaps the CG Space Map has stronger Ambient light?

BTW, I agree, Beauty of a Ship, if not a tad erm.... "weathered". XD. I like taking her into pink nebulae...
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 06:10:06 PM »
Hmm, I wonder if there's any way to increase the ambiant light or directional light on all maps without having to edit each one?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 07:06:57 PM »
I've done something similar for the range in Systems as well.

So yeah, it's possible.
The questions is, what values are what?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.