Author Topic: YOH Bridge Pack & VOY Interior. (ChronowerX_GT & baz1701)  (Read 15062 times)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
the nova bridge was based on the prometheus, not the intrepid

Oh, interesting. I wasn't aware of that. :]

The new viewscreen looks good so far Luke. Not so sure about that gap, though... Bleh. It looks totally cool regardless. :D

And the prometheus bridge was based upon the excelsior bridge.

I've put the wall back in but I need to cut a gap in it where the viewscreen would be. Does max have any good tools for that?

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Boolean Tool. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but it should work for that. Its under 'Compound Objects'. Have a play with the settings to get used to it.
MUSE!!!

Offline Sean

• Retired Administrator
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1165
  • Site Co-Founder
    • Bridge Commander Central
or just use a spline and extrude it. then delete the faces that you dont need

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Sorry to hijack your thread, Luke but it'll only be for one post (And one reply, hopefully), but it's related. I've never figured out how to use splines on a pre-existing face. As it's a common feature, I assume it wouldn't be all the much different.

Also, love what you've done so far Luke, Can't wait to go for the full effect with a YoH Voyager! Cookie for you.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Sorry to hijack your thread, Luke but it'll only be for one post (And one reply, hopefully), but it's related. I've never figured out how to use splines on a pre-existing face. As it's a common feature, I assume it wouldn't be all the much different.

Also, love what you've done so far Luke, Can't wait to go for the full effect with a YoH Voyager! Cookie for you.

Thank you, I don't mind you asking questions. I can learn from the answers aswell :D.

Well I tried the boolean tool but had no luck so I went about correcting the communications/sensors station. Only slight differences. Screenshots are before and after. I'll try what Sean said.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
Looking great! I know that with Lightwave, if you use the Boolean tool to "Add" then it would make the face where you want the Viewscreen to be a new face, which you could just delete. I assume it'd be the same with Max.

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Still no luck with it. Could one of you's possibly take a look at it for me if I post the file here?

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Still no luck with it. Could one of you's possibly take a look at it for me if I post the file here?

Forget my last post. I'm going to wales for a short break so i'll be back around Sunday/Monday. Hopefully i'll get quite a bit done on my laptop. I've no internet access there so I won't be able to get any reference pics so i'll just finish off the viewscreen and the tactical/ communication stations.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
And the prometheus bridge was based upon the excelsior bridge.

Well, the remake Excelsior - it wasnt very canon in places.

BTW, i already did a mauve version of that front wall, canon to s1 - s3.. you can have it if you want.
Thanks, it should could come in handy. I'm in the middle of altering the wall and the viewscreen to S4 so if that doesn't work out i'll pm ya.

Here you go, hue might need a bit of tweaking but nothing too major

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
great!  :D

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
No matter what you do, you never cease to amaze me. Great work!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
I was able to quickly finish off the damaged lcars for one varient, like i said luke it's upto you if you use them ;)

Enjoy

~Jb06

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
oooohhhh.....  :shock:

That's awesome!

cookies to luke and jb ^^

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Yep, they are cool!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
nice!  now to only grasp the ultimate: lcars flickering lol :P

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Lcars can be animated anyways. Just have them appear black for a frame or two in the animations. :/ Or something.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Yeah, but you will need more frames. Black LCARS for 2/6 frames won't look too good. Maybe we could bring back the stock flickering, but control it.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
I'm back ppl :D JB those damage textures look awsome. I'm pretty sure that i'll use them. However, me and baz1701 have teamed up to create a new Voy bridge. He'll do day 0 and then i'll mess it up into YOH varients.

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Well as long as someone knows how to do lightmapping, animations etc im sure it will turn out great ;)

~Jb06

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
Lcars can be animated anyways. Just have them appear black for a frame or two in the animations. :/ Or something.

haha, the voice of experience :P

Im afraid that true LCARS flickering is not achievable in Bridge Commander without killing system performance. BC has a really nice system for handling it, but sadly we cant export models that support the feature.