Author Topic: The Ultimate Star Wars vs Star Trek movie!  (Read 2239 times)

MrPoe

The Ultimate Star Wars vs Star Trek movie!
« on: September 28, 2006, 07:44:51 AM »
The Last Bastion part 1

Let us know what you think!

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 51
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 09:04:59 AM »
well, I suppose that it's not bad in it's technical execution considering you used BC for it.

If you want positive reviews of the plot though, you might want to post it on a SW website.

MYar

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 10:54:11 AM »
Quote from: RCgothic
If you want positive reviews of the plot though, you might want to post it on a SW website.

^^ :P  :wink:

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 01:34:14 PM »
a galaxy could destroy a star destroyer with no problem :P

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 01:42:24 PM »
depends really, if george lucas wrote in a bigger gun on the hull of the thing the galaxy would be screwed

Offline 1701-E

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 03:41:51 PM »
And then Lucas would waste millions on remastering that weapon in pointless retouched movies. :P

thelurker

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 04:22:10 PM »
lol i think i like the other guys movie holy skirmish better. i heard he's already doing star wars for his next one. i think thats what he said on bcu anyway

MrPoe

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 05:45:34 PM »
Quote from: RCgothic

That's just the opening teaser. You haven't seen the whole story yet.

Quote from: 1701-E
And then Lucas would waste millions on remastering that weapon in pointless retouched movies. :P

Someone wondered when ILM was doing the FX for Trek if they added just a bit more explosive to the Trek model than they did for the Star Wars models!  :)

I'm going to be upgrading the Galaxy bridge for the rest of the (short) series. I used the P81 Galaxy because the SNS just kicked the crap out of my computer system!

MrPoe

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 09:31:06 PM »
Here's the teaser trailer for part 2. The SW vs ST comments on the first one started to heat up, so have a sense of humor about the first part!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iFI5slTFuo

MrPoe

"The Last Bastion" part 2 ~ Now Online!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 03:57:07 AM »
Yes, finally, The Last Bastion part 2 is out! Yaay! (throws popcorn)

In Part 2, the USS Riemann and the USS Heritage are put under the command of Captain Robert Anderson of the USS Guardian to investigate the disappearance of the USS Compliance in the Serova Rift.

Part 2 of aStar Wars vs Star Trek machinima fan film. WooHoo! Geek the **** out!!

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Re: "The Last Bastion" part 2 ~ Now Online!
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2006, 07:50:04 PM »
Quote from: MrPoe
Yes, finally, The Last Bastion part 2 is out! Yaay! (throws popcorn)

In Part 2, the USS Riemann and the USS Heritage are put under the command of Captain Robert Anderson of the USS Guardian to investigate the disappearance of the USS Compliance in the Serova Rift.

Part 2 of aStar Wars vs Star Trek machinima fan film. WooHoo! Geek the **** out!!

Im assuming theres going to be a part 3 then? Nice job. How did you blend those Sims characters and BC bridges so well.

Just to let you know, there are better ship models out there on BCFiles.com for that Nebula and Sovereign class ships. Not complaining, just thought you should know.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

MrPoe

Re: "The Last Bastion" part 2 ~ Now Online!
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 02:01:58 AM »
Quote from: SuperSmeg
Im assuming theres going to be a part 3 then?

Oh yes. I mapped out the script last weekend, and I believe it will be in 7 parts.

Nice job. How did you blend those Sims characters and BC bridges so well.

Those are actors from the game, "The Movies". I used a chroma key (greenscreen) environment in that game to put them in virtual sets from BC.

Just to let you know, there are better ship models out there on BCFiles.com for that Nebula and Sovereign class ships. Not complaining, just thought you should know.

Oh yeah, I know! But the CG ships nearly fried my computer! (I'm on a P3 running Win ME)

MrPoe

Re: The Ultimate Star Wars vs Star Trek movie!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 08:24:22 AM »
The Last Bastion part 2 (Re-Edit)

This is a re-edit of part 2, featuring audio fixes some viewers requested, and tighter edits.