Author Topic: Anisotropic/Antialaising setting not taking effect...GFX card or game prob?  (Read 1072 times)

Offline GreatBarrier86

• Cookies: 0
I'm using the 177 drivers for my GeForce 7900GTX, but this has been happening with the last few drivers as well. None of the settings are taking effect. Has anyone else had this problem?

Jason

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
Are you using the "Override application Settings" option or the "Enhance application Settings" option?
Eitherway you should choose the one that you are currently NOT using.
I figured that every Driver changes the way it works... One works with Override and the next only with Enhance.

It's kind of strange.

But if you want something that works for sure, I suggest you get RivaTuner here.
It's a handy little tool that let's you adjust even more that the nVidia Driver.
(Note that within RivaTuner you always have to uncheck the "Enhance the application Settings" option.)

P.S.: Is it just me or is the BCC awefully slow today? oO

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
If it's BC specific, then it's a known problem.

Here is a recent case:
http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,3239.0.html
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline GreatBarrier86

yoyopop,

It doesnt seem to matter. I say that only b/c the override/enhance is only avalible for AA, not AF and the AF is still not working. But i will look into RivaTuner.

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
Sorry, I must've missed the AF part.  :D
And I bet you find RivaTuner quite usefull.

Oh and btw: it's "yopyop" not "yoyopop"   :P

Offline GreatBarrier86

Sorry lol. Yes i like RivaTuner a lot. And i'm going to keep calling you yoyopop...just because ;)

j/k