Author Topic: Best Soundtrack  (Read 2325 times)

gclark03

Best Soundtrack
« on: July 28, 2008, 05:56:40 PM »
What film/episode of Star Trek had the best soundtrack?

intrepid90

Re: Best Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 05:57:49 PM »
First Contact ftw!!
and the second best is... Generations :)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 05:59:37 PM »
The Motion Picture theme is the best, followed by that section in Generations where Kirk rides a horse (which sounds a lot like what was used in Enterprise if my memory serves me right).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »
I've always been really partial to TMP's soundtrack, but I really liked First Contact's as well. Generations' was too similar to Star Trek 6. (I've got a collection CD, and GEN logically follows ST6, that's how I noticed.) By far the worst was Nemesis (as is pretty much everything about it). Strangely, I got the feeling I would hate this movie as soon as the opening credits started rolling and they interrupted the traditional Trek theme abrubtly and switched to some kind of cheap computer-generated garbage. The Matrix on a starship!
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Pegasus

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 04:36:31 AM »
Star Wars III.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 06:35:04 AM »
The music from The Voyage Home!
It's actually an existing composition and usually not associated with SciFi, more like funerals, still, it's a very beautifull piece.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 06:40:38 AM »
I always liked The Wrath of Khan soundtrack, especially the sequence where the Enterprise leaves Spacedock.
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 09:56:06 PM »
The TWOK/Star Trek III Scores were pretty good, my favorite was the them from when the Enterprise crew is "running out the guns" just before the Mutara battle.
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 07:31:49 AM »
Star trek V The Final Frontier had the best soundtrack ever  :lol: j/k

now seriously the best was Generations soundtrack, especially 'out gunned', 'the final fight', 'main title score', 'kirk saves the day' as well as overture

second close to the best for me is ST2 and ST8 soundtracks

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 07:54:22 AM »
I have to agree with bones on this one!

Offline Villain

• Cookies: 71
  • The artist formerly known as Prime
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 07:59:10 AM »
First Contact, when they arm up and head down to Engineering. Something about that song... Just perfect for background music while doing modelling.. :lol:

"The design is clearly ancient... Launched hundreds of thousands of years ago."

Quote from: JimmyB76
der-ner-ner-ner-ner ..... der-ner-ner-ner-ner .....
---
Quote from: Rick Sternbach, on the topic of the Galor Class' length
...Probably not, but the number I get(379.6m) could be considered ?original intent,? a term that I think I will be using from now on, and ?canon? be damned.

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 08:52:16 AM »
TWoK, Inner Light, FC, Insurrection opening theme.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 10:03:07 AM »
Each film has had a great soundtrack but my top three would be The Motion Picture, First Contact, closely followed by The Wrath of Khan and Generations in joint third.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2008, 10:47:16 PM »
First Contact is #1.  And quite frankly all of Jerry Goldsmith's work on Trek.  That INCLUDES NEMESIS!!!  Geez, I really don't see why there's so much hatred for that movie, and I frankly think the soundtrack was the best part of the movie, and a good way for Goldsmith to go out, may he rest in peace.

To Boldly Go...Again.

gclark03

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2008, 11:22:03 PM »
Generations and First Contact were my favorites as well.

STII, however, stands above all the others. It just has that 'classic value'...

intrepid90

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2008, 10:53:07 AM »
Generations and First Contact were my favorites as well.

STII, however, stands above all the others. It just has that 'classic value'...

when I hear FC soundtrack during the first contact scene it is such an epic piece of music :)

Offline baz1701

• Cookies: 1434
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 05:05:02 AM »
I don't thing I have a Fav soundtrack, but I like bits of music from them all. If I were to put them together in a compalation CD the running order would be as follows: -

1, The Mountain - ST5 - Went to Yosemite on my Honeymoon and played this piece on the ipod as we drove up to El Capitan
2, The Enterprise - ST1
3, Return to Port - ST3
4, First Contact - STFC
5, Death of the Enterprise - ST3 - only have this as a bootleg
6, Battle for the Mutara Nebula - ST2
7, Genesis Countdown - ST2
8, Leaving Drydock - ST1
9, Epilogue/End titles - ST2
10, Stealing the Enterprise - ST3
11, The Cloud - ST1
12, V`ger fly over - ST1
13, New sight - ST Insurrection
14, Final Fight - STN
15, Jump the Ravine - STG
16, Death of Kirk - STG
17, The inner light - ST:TNG
18, What we leave behind - ST:DS9
19, Archer's Theme - ST:E
20, End Credits - ST4
21, Clear all moorings - ST6
22, Sign off - ST6

Bonus tracks

23, The Enterprise - alternative - ST1
24, Leaving Drydock - alternative - ST1
25, Amazing Grace - Bagpipes - ST2

There are others but these would be on my ultimate collection.
Whatever knocks us back, can only make us stronger.

MJAY

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 05:18:27 AM »
I tend to be biased in favor of TMP-era soundtracks. BEST Trek-soundtrack would have to be The Wrath of Khan. Especially, the Mutara Nebula fight music... The excitement that it builds when you see the Enterprise come up behind Reliant for the decisive attack... priceless. I turn the TV volume up at that point, and I get my whole household excited with that music.
TWOK Soundtrack is the best because of the emotion it arouses. Sheer excitement...

TNG-Era music is really nice too... BEST TNG-era sountrack... it's tough to decide... I actually liked Nemesis' sountrack. It WAS unusually "dark" for a Trek sountrack... but then again, Nemesis was unusually "dark" for a Trek movie. Don't forget Jerry Goldsmith had composed Nemesis' sountrack... All he's going to do is reflect the movie with his music... and for the purposes of the movie, he did a great job. May he rest in peace.

Offline LordReserei

• Cookies: 10
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2009, 11:57:13 PM »
For me, I like every score that's composed by the legend and late Jerry Goldsmith. Although my favourite movie score/soundtrack has to be First Contact.

I saw that movie when I was 9yrs old, not knowing anything about Star Trek and when I sat down in front of the TV, I heard the first few notes and saw the words "Star Trek: First Contact" come on the screen with the rest of the opening credits, I fell in love with that music and even to this day, I still can't help but listen over and over again to it along with the other pieces of the music from that movie.

For Star Trek show scores, I like the TNG theme, but Voyager's theme wins it for me.
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit|Asus M5A97 R2.0|Phenom II x6 1090T BE|24GB DDR3 1600MHz|XFX HD6870 1GB|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB/Seagate Barracuda 2TB|CM Elite 430|CM TX3 Evo

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2009, 02:40:03 AM »
Voy theme is my fave, but the Music in DS9 takes it for me.

For movies? FC/GEN, ST2 and ST1.