Author Topic: "Enterprise F (X) Damage/instant crash problem."  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • Cookies: 9
  • KM - Mod Team Member
"Enterprise F (X) Damage/instant crash problem."
« on: August 12, 2008, 06:35:09 PM »
Hi,
Look, I know people hate triple naccle ships.
And I know people hate it more when it ruins a good and quality ship.
But PLEASE for the love of god, let me "expand" my knowledge of BC.
The ship pwns btw in my opinion.

Anyway;
Here is the problem.
I've added 3 naccles, and gave the hull a dark and evil texture.
Weapons changed.
Done.

B?t, there is a problem: Whenever a phaser/torpedo/disruptor/pulse hits the hull. The screen goes black and the window which says that "bc needs to be shutdown" will show up.
This only happends when it hits the hull.

I've tested it, moment I dropped my shields and I got hit. Boom.
Cordanilus is looking at it, but could not find anything yet.

~Voy.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: "Enterprise F (X) Damage/instant crash problem."
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 07:10:08 PM »
I probably has to do with how you have the damage set in the ship file.

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 07:12:38 PM »
I did not touched any files.
Except for name changing (make it seperate)

And in MPE, shields/phasers etc..

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 12:43:37 AM »
First off, tell me from which prog did you port the model back to nif (and if you backported the ship from nif in the first place).

Second, in the HP find the damage resolution of the ship and make it 1 or less, MPE gives a default of 10 which is waaaaaaay too much for any ship.

Secondly, the weapon damage resolutions need to be below 0.1 too for all weapon types (higher is just too much - I have it at 0.06 for the Novi Sad refit I'll release soon).

This way, you wouldn't be able to destroy the physical model without destroying the ship itself which happens with sooo much ships (so no transparent ship crap).

Also, in the py in scripts/ships look at the part digits where the glow and specular suffixes are set, and find something what works nice (the LOD (Level Of Detail) part should be getting bigger with each LOD type (low, med high).
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 02:54:31 PM »
First off, tell me from which prog did you port the model back to nif (and if you backported the ship from nif in the first place).

I used Milkshape.

Second, in the HP find the damage resolution of the ship and make it 1 or less, MPE gives a default of 10 which is waaaaaaay too much for any ship.

Code: [Select]
Century.SetDamageResolution(15.000000)After opening MPE, it made it a bit easier; "15"
I changed it to 1.

Secondly, the weapon damage resolutions need to be below 0.1 too for all weapon types (higher is just too much - I have it at 0.06 for the Novi Sad refit I'll release soon).

I have no idea how to find that.

This way, you wouldn't be able to destroy the physical model without destroying the ship itself which happens with sooo much ships (so no transparent ship crap)

Also, in the py in scripts/ships look at the part digits where the glow and specular suffixes are set, and find something what works nice (the LOD (Level Of Detail) part should be getting bigger with each LOD type (low, med high).

Hmm..Right I lost you there too (sorry)
Here is the code of the file:

# Create the LOD info
if (not App.g_kLODModelManager.Contains(pStats["Name"])):
# Params are: File Name, PickLeafSize, SwitchOut Distance,
# Surface Damage Res, Internal Damage Res, Burn Value, Hole Value,
# Search String for Glow, Search string for Specular, Suffix for specular
pLODModel = App.g_kLODModelManager.Create(pStats["Name"])
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameHigh"], 10, 200.0, 15.0, 15.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, "_specular")
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameMed"],  10, 300.0, 15.0, 15.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, None)
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameLow"],  10, 800.0, 15.0, 30.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, None)

~Voy

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 01:40:36 PM »

I used Milkshape.

That might be the problem itself, expecially if you backported the thing from nif in the first place to make changes.

Century.SetDamageResolution(15.000000)After opening MPE, it made it a bit easier; "15"
I changed it to 1.

Good, now, no more phisical model dissapearing without killing the ship.

I have no idea how to find that.

For Phasers in the HP (SetDamageRadiusFactor), for torps and pulses their scripts (SetDamageRadiusFactor again).

This way, you wouldn't be able to destroy the physical model without destroying the ship itself which happens with sooo much ships (so no transparent ship crap)

Hmm..Right I lost you there too (sorry)
Here is the code of the file:

# Create the LOD info
if (not App.g_kLODModelManager.Contains(pStats["Name"])):
# Params are: File Name, PickLeafSize, SwitchOut Distance,
# Surface Damage Res, Internal Damage Res, Burn Value, Hole Value,
# Search String for Glow, Search string for Specular, Suffix for specular
pLODModel = App.g_kLODModelManager.Create(pStats["Name"])
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameHigh"], 10, 200.0, 15.0, 15.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, "_specular")
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameMed"],  10, 300.0, 15.0, 15.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, None)
pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameLow"],  10, 800.0, 15.0, 30.0, 400, 900, "_glow", None, None)

~Voy

The pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameHigh"], pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameMed"] and pLODModel.AddLOD(pStats["FilenameLow"]. The comment above that explains what is what.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline FourChan

• Admiral Noel Vermillion
  • Cookies: 4
  • Starfleet Technologies Development Center
    • Twitter Four Channel
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 05:53:52 PM »
Wait a second, a 3 engine Century? I have to see this, most federation ships though would have 4 engines due to maintaining the warp field (Bubble) like the whole (X) Class would have to be 4 like the Prometheus, only time I seen a 3 engine ship was during All Good Things, but I wouldn't mind seeing a 4 engine version, but meh off topic quits there. Only reason why your ship is crashing in my opinion is, once you changed the model of the ship and there's visable damage on it, the game's going to crash cause a script error, everythings set up for the other ship (and please post pics of the 3 engine century)

AndrewJ

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »
Wait a second, a 3 engine Century? I have to see this, most federation ships though would have 4 engines due to maintaining the warp field (Bubble) like the whole (X) Class would have to be 4 like the Prometheus, only time I seen a 3 engine ship was during All Good Things, but I wouldn't mind seeing a 4 engine version, but meh off topic quits there. Only reason why your ship is crashing in my opinion is, once you changed the model of the ship and there's visable damage on it, the game's going to crash cause a script error, everythings set up for the other ship (and please post pics of the 3 engine century)

Errr... she has 5 in total.... not really built for theory dynamics of the warp engine.  More for "because we can".

Offline Voyager16

• Modding is improving.
  • KM - Mod Team Member
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 06:49:23 PM »
Shall look in the scripts now..