Author Topic: Aeries' Various CGI projects - Mithra bridge updated jul.30th  (Read 7568 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: My first CGI-Ish project (Update 11/22/08)
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2009, 11:24:25 PM »
I look at that and see a possible Midway Station 2.0. It looks less like a dock and more like a small science/command facility, with power lines coming out the top. :P That being said, it is quite nice looking while still looking like it could fit into a number of Sci-Fi universes.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 12:44:41 PM »
Haha, thanks guys! I never really watched Atlantis so I dont know much about any of that... BUT! Hopefully this next pic will give you some idea of where I'm going with this...

Eventually, I want this station to look like a heavy industrial platform to emphasize it's age... I think I'll definitely go for a late-NX era station.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 02:47:09 PM »
Double post... one more pic, as you can see now, roughly the size I'm aiming for on this project. Current poly count is 77,535. I can limit it further, and will, even if it's not for a game or anything... Constructive criticism, ideas and input are greatly appreciated!

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:44 PM »
I'd say it was a ginant robotic dragonfly. :P Anything going on the "tail" end?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Aeries

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2009, 03:18:15 PM »
I'd say it was a ginant robotic dragonfly. :P Anything going on the "tail" end?

Keeping in mind this is just a corridor [that does look like a dragonfly you're right... lmao! xD]

the "tail end" will be, from that point, the primary structure. I'm not certain what, exactly, that structure will look like just yet. I'm building this part first before I move on to the other "arms" of the station and then to the main component.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2009, 03:26:45 PM »
I suppose the main structure could like some sort of hexagonal/octagonal prism with bumpy bits, more arms (although you said you were going to do that anyway so me saying it is pointless :P) and windows.

But I'd recommend not doing what I've mentioned. I've never been good with imagining from an arm into the main component. At least with stations. :P
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2009, 04:31:44 PM »
Again mate like i said on MSN, get it on SFM for a realistic input, and ideas on where to go next, looks great... good job  8)

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2009, 05:18:21 PM »
So, is this like a car ship assembly line in space?

Offline Aeries

« Reply #68 on: April 27, 2009, 01:23:37 AM »
A research station, actually... although I can TOTALLY picture a bunch of shuttles moving through the corridor in an, as you say, assembly line. xD

Offline Aeries

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 08:15:04 PM »
Update; added support struts along the sides and reworked the cable support lines... kinda... not done with that yet, but you can see where I've added the changes. :P

I've also reworked the windows and the main corridor to be smoother and less jagged so it looks much better now; unless I'm the only person who notices such little things. :P

Offline FarShot

• That guy with good ideas...
  • Cookies: 787
  • I'm actually making stuff! :D
Re: My first CGI-Ish project (Update 04/29/09)
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2009, 08:58:28 PM »
It's pretty.  Wonder what it'll look like textured. :)

Offline Aeries

Re: Aeries' Various CGI projects
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2009, 03:28:23 AM »
Another little project: the bridge of the Mithra.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2009, 04:54:40 AM »
Frak! Thats awesome! :D Arming cookie torpedoes.

- Lorien

Offline Lionus

• Cookies: 79
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2009, 06:31:27 AM »
excellent!  8)
Star Trek Quad-nacelle fanboy Extraordinaire

StarFleet Research and Development Crash Test Dummie/Test pilot

"Beyond the rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me."

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2009, 01:45:24 PM »
nicely modelled mate

Offline Aeries

« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2009, 08:52:35 PM »
Thanks. Done a little more... sorry I've fallen behind on all my projects. Life hasn't been very kind lately. :(

Done a bunch of work, rebuilt some things and tweaked others. there's still a lot more to do though, and plenty to reconstruct for both aesthetics and error corrections.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »
I really like this. You may have a cookie. Add some HUD overlays to the viewscreen and I'll like it even more.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2009, 12:32:48 PM »
You know as well as I do that I can't texture. At all. Teach me how to do so in photoshop and to the whole UV Unwrap thingy and I'll look into it. Lol. :P

Offline Aeries

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2009, 04:33:29 AM »
Completely re-worked most of the bridge using the same base outline. I've even started working on something I've never done before: TEXTURES! :D

I've done some more futuristic-ish Lcars [a mix of Relativity's TCARS and First Contact LCARS, this is evident in the colour sceme and differing shapes to the standard federation LCARS]. I've also done the carpet and floor-light-thing similar to what Voyager has around the helm console.

Also noteworthy is the viewscreen. Something I admired about Andromeda was the split viewscreen on the bridge. In this instance, the viewscreen is very similar to that of both Andromeda and the JJPrise. I'll be making HUD overlays soon too as I now have conjured a way to make them, and know exactly how I want them to look. It'll be f*cking sweet, I promise!

I still have to make all the wall-based consoles that'll line the port and starboard sides at the back of the bridge, and possibly add a couple doors for the conference area and a a turbolift. I'm actually considering modeling all the rooms typically seen on Deck 1... possibly even expanding to other rooms and even hallways, though that's a ways down the road yet.

Also note that the second pic was made well after the first. I decided to take that helm console and use it as more of a tactical station. I think it works much better there anyways and I'll make a nicer, larger station for the Helm in a little while.

For now, though, I need sleep... Lemme know what you guys think! Feel free to offer up suggestions! :]

Offline Dalek

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2009, 09:02:48 AM »
Andromeda/JJ indeed. :D :D Cookie time!

Somebody hire Aeries as the next 27th century bridge modeler. xD

- Lorien