Author Topic: Question about Enterprise-E bridge  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Question about Enterprise-E bridge
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:41:18 PM »
I've been playing EF2 recently and quite a stupid thought came to my mind tho I thought I'll ask it anyway :D so... is it possible to covert EF2 sovvy bridge to NIF then lightmap/animate it ? this would allow us to have pretty decent sovvy bridge in BC :D
but of course correct me if I'm wrong but if it was possible then we would have it long time ago in BC am I right now ???

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Question about Enterprise-E bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 03:56:45 PM »
IMHO the current sov bridge from 3rd era is better than the EF2 bridge.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:06:33 PM »
 :shock: Kirkey, Kirkey my friend... did anyone told you you need some new glasses  :lol: TBH i like 3DE sovvy bridge modifications but what bugs me about current - half stock bridge are those pillars and ceiling and consols and... most of it in fact, my point is that this bridge is now 6 years old and the model is of poor quality (stock model), if there would be somebody who could convert EF2 model to BC then lightmap/animate it and I could handle retexturing it I even have most of the NEM LCARS (brand new displays which I've not yet shown to anybody)

intrepid90

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 04:13:13 PM »
provide screens pls kthx
I dont play ef2 so I can't judge ;)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 04:31:20 PM »
not today but i'll show you them, of course I'm still working on them and I can proudly say they have almost every shade of blue/yellow/orange that Nem LCARS had, If you wan't to see my Nemesis styled blue LCARS just look here http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php/topic,2886.0.html they are on the last page i think but applied on ambassador bridge.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 04:58:47 PM »
As requested. (I still prefer 3e's)

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 05:00:58 PM »
And a few more.

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 07:02:36 PM »
Ah but a man can dream...
It'd be lovely to have that model..but why not just go the whole hog and do a new model from scratch OR make one using the EF2 bridge as a base? The end results would be far superior imo. 

But am I weird in prefering the old (as in stock) sovvie viewscreen?
I miss :bigdance:

detailgremlin2006

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 08:53:40 PM »
I would just be happy to have a better looking mesh than the stock mesh from bc.  I still want to incorporate this bridge into a mod of another game and I just can't find a good mesh that anyone is willing to share anywhere.  I always give credit for anything that I use and have a good track record of it with my mod.  I think I remember now... I tried getting a shuttle cockpit out of the EF2 demo and it had something to do with editing a map model which was completely foreign to me lol.

Offline henrie85

• Adviser & Helper
  • Cookies: 3
  • Go Climb a Rock
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 10:32:37 PM »
so if it can be done. think we can extract more bridges from ef2 has long we have the author permission. :D

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 04:47:09 AM »
If it is possible then I guess there aren't much people here who could do it, guys from 3DE always said that modelling and texturing bridge is not even half way to get it finished, the worst and most time consuming is lightmaping and even worse - crew animations...

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 09:35:55 AM »
Clearly I've missed something vital when it comes to bridges. Where the hell is the one kirkey's pics posted? Or am I being dumb and stupid and never knew that they were being made and are currently WIP's?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 09:36:49 AM »
Um, they're the EF2 bridge. I thought that was obvious.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 09:43:10 AM »
See? Dumb and stupid! Do it all the time. But it does look like a BC bridge. Probably cos I've got used to the EF2 bridge crew mod.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien