Author Topic: WC's Valley Forge  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Shadow91

• Cookies: 1
WC's Valley Forge
« on: September 08, 2008, 04:37:32 PM »
First of all WC's re-done USS Valley Forge looks great. Only one problem I have found with it. Every time I enter/exit warp it doesn't sound like the federation warp sound. It doesn't sound like anything else n the game. And also I can't dock with Starbase 12. The game thinks that starbase 12 is an enemy starbase when using WC's new Valley Forge. It doesn't happen with any other federation ship, just the Valley Forge.
Where do I have to edit to change this so I can dock with Starbase 12 and have the normal federation warp sound? Thanks!
I am using the KM .9

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: WC's Valley Forge
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »
Open the ship plugin (in scripts/Custom/Ships) and change the Foundation.ShipDef( part to Foundation.FedShipDef(

Be sure to not change the part before the =, or after the (.

You didn't provide a link to the mod (and I don't have the time to track it down) so I can't give you more specific details.

To give you a reason as to why this happens, the original author didn't specific the "race" correctly (Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Borg, etc, etc) so BC assigned it the "default" race. And NanoFXv2Beta gave it it's own sound.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Shadow91

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 07:03:48 PM »
I did what you said and it fixed the problem. Thanks for the help. Here is the link to the Valley Forge that had the problem. It came in a pack of Excelsior Class variants.
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Excelsior_Family_Pack;90974

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 02:32:37 PM »
Ok, problem solved.

*Locked*
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.