Author Topic: Ablative Armor Problems - can't seem to get ablative armor working.  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
I can't seem to get ablative armor working with this ship.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Ablative Armor Problems - can't seem to get ablative armor working.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 12:55:40 PM »
Which ablative armour are you trying to apply?
APT? FoundationTech AblativeArmour or FTech FedAblativeArmour (basicly a multi vectored AblativeArmour by Defiant).

From the thread, I'd say you are trying to use the FTech version.
Please attach the plugin, and provide the subsystem names you want to use.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 12:59:28 PM »
I'm trying to use FTech's ablative armor, as for the plugin, I uploaded it to that thread, would you like me to upload it here as well?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 01:19:16 PM »
You are actually using Defiants Fed Ablative Armour, meaning the multi-vector version. And that doesn't change the health meter as the normal (mono-vector) version does.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 01:22:44 PM »
The problem is that it isn't doing what it's supposed to. (Attached console log)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 01:32:39 PM »
Make sure the tech is named "Fed Ablative Armor", I'll be able to tell with certainty in 2 hours (at current speed) what it is exactly.
It could be: "Fed Ablative Armour".

The message you see about "not installed" really means just that, that it couldn't find the tech named like that.

[EDIT] Um, make that 1 day + above. :S