Author Topic: Star Trek: Cadet  (Read 1068 times)

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
Star Trek: Cadet
« on: October 16, 2008, 02:42:09 PM »
We NEED a REAL Starfleet Academy game! One that takes you through day to day life in SA, including attending classes, personal interests, and holo simulations.

For History classes, you can reenact several historical events in the holodeck.
 (One cool thing that comes to mind is helping zeframe cochran build and launch the phoenix)
For Law, you can participate in a mock investigation and court-martial.
For Diplomacy, you can do a mock- first contact mission with a new race.
For Medical,  you have to work in a lab with other students to find a cure for a bacterial plague.
And of course, hand-to-hand and bridge simulator combat training.

There should be a free-roaming campus, complete with a library, people you can interact with (maybe even have some sort of social aspect, like dating or going out for drinks. Also, maybe different people approach you with the possibility of reasching different results, like maybe Red Squad asking you to join). Professors you can receive advice from, and also the groundskeeper (I forget his name).

Then the last part of the game can focus on your first mission on a real ship, where you will use the things you have learned.

All in all, kinda like the Sims in space!
I'm thinking of trying to do something like this with Elite Force II. What do you folks think?
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Star Trek: Cadet
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 03:04:08 PM »
Why not do online college instead?

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 03:13:12 PM »
As nice as the idea is, it would take forever to get through. I estimate 10 years?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 05:27:07 PM »
have you ever tried STARFLEET ACADEMY 1997 interplay prod.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline undedavenger

• It's simple. I reek of awesomeness, and you don't.
  • Cookies: 14
    • Official Star Trek Century Myspace!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 09:47:30 PM »
Yes I have it, and no I was not impressed. It shouldn't take ten years to get through. I mean, it could be abbreviated... A little. I mean, in movies they make a whole school year fit into a 2-3 hour movie, so why not a game (or mod)?
"Books are not canon, only what you see on screen. Yes, even the horrible Voyager episode where they go past warp 10 and have crazy lizard babies."

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 12:13:45 AM »
have you ever tried STARFLEET ACADEMY 1997 interplay prod.

Played. Enjoyed. Wanna dig that up again...