Author Topic: Ambassador Class + Enterprise C Retexture  (Read 3314 times)

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Ambassador Class + Enterprise C Retexture
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
Yep so i got bored while waiting for limey to finish voyager then i can finish texturing her, so i started this. All the textures have been completely redone and have been upped to 2048 resolution. I still have to do the secondary hull, but that wont take that long. It's quite good what a few hours work can do ;) It's most likely LC won't give permission to release this, so that means luke can't have it for KM:R, but hey its just something different from th DQP :P

Anyways here's some pics from nifskope, hopefully get some ingame pics tomorrow of the finished version, but heres a pic ingame from afew hours ago when i sorta finished the saucer:P

~Jb06

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Re: Ambassador Retexture
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 02:03:31 PM »
...drool! The last pic shows heck of a lot of detail!
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 02:06:49 PM »
weehee :D this retexture is cookie worthy ! superb job :D

intrepid90

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 02:29:29 PM »
woah, the ingame shot is amazing, super detailed.
the nifskopes aren't that spectacular :D

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 03:17:51 PM »
Excellent re-texture!

But I have to say that the originals are still pretty damn good themselves.

Offline Dalek

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »
I've just had a close up look at the picture of it ingame and some of the saucer textures don't "join" as so to speak. The edges appear jagged.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »
I've just had a close up look at the picture of it ingame and some of the saucer textures don't "join" as so to speak. The edges appear jagged.

I no, the mapping on the saucer is really bad, thats what'smessed it up. so once's it's all done ill fix the mapping.

~Jb06

Offline Dalek

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 03:56:08 PM »
Despite these problems, she already looks better than anything I've seen of the Ambassador. I certainly hope Chrono/luke accepts this. I even started a thread about this on CXP Forums.

- Lorien

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 04:00:56 PM »
theres a bug in the first screenshot, between the name and registry of on the dorsal saucer, although it seems corrected in other shots. nice work, hope you fix those mapping issues

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 09:42:53 PM »
looks good overall, though some of the escape hatches could stand to be straightened out.  They look a bit wobbly.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 09:59:59 PM »
looks great aside from the glaring grid misalignment starboard rear quarter on the saucer...

edit: maybe you can help me with my romulan issues...
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »
Also, I think the grid might be a tad too pronounced.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2008, 10:11:10 PM »
Wow. Very pretty.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 05:24:44 AM »
Looks real nice mate  8)

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 06:29:18 AM »
The saucer segmentation is wrong. It's first split up into 3 segments per 90degs, then less more visually, each of those segments is split up to 8. It's like this dorsally and ventrally, but on the ventral side, you need to rotate the 3 seg grid by 15degs (cause 90/3=30, 30/2=15) and do the extra 8 from there, the running lights should wind up dead center of one of those small segments.

The circular ones look OK.

You say you are doing this on 2048's? Then use 1 pixel lines for the segmentation.

Second:

Don't use generic patterns on the base coloring. Make them plain. Oh, and the Ambie doesn't have aztecing whatsoever on the saucer, neck and sec hull whatsoever ya know, only those huge ones on the nacelles.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 11:32:04 AM »
thanks people ;) Yeah i no its not perfect, but for 3 hrs work its not bad :P

The saucer segmentation is wrong. It's first split up into 3 segments per 90degs, then less more visually, each of those segments is split up to 8. It's like this dorsally and ventrally, but on the ventral side, you need to rotate the 3 seg grid by 15degs (cause 90/3=30, 30/2=15) and do the extra 8 from there, the running lights should wind up dead center of one of those small segments.

The circular ones look OK.

You say you are doing this on 2048's? Then use 1 pixel lines for the segmentation.

Second:

Don't use generic patterns on the base coloring. Make them plain. Oh, and the Ambie doesn't have aztecing whatsoever on the saucer, neck and sec hull whatsoever ya know, only those huge ones on the nacelles.

haha i knew you would have something to say about the amount of segments :P Yeah ive scrapped the old hull lines and gonna start from fresh ;) I do know there arent any aztechin on the ambassador because im using reference pics from the model, but i think it looks better so there gona stay.

Anyways, all done besides from the hull lines on th saucer :D Enjoy

~Jb06

Offline Shino Tenshi

• NG|mods Founder
  • Cookies: 23
  • Aw, man...
    • NG|mods website
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »
Nice.
Are you planning to do the early Ambassador, too?

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 11:39:59 AM »
Jb, buddy dude, you've totally turned me into an Ambassador fan just now. xD Nicely done.

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 11:42:33 AM »
Nice.
Are you planning to do the early Ambassador, too?

I dno, i only started this one because i got bored :P

Jb, buddy dude, you've totally turned me into an Ambassador fan just now. xD Nicely done.

Lol i dont really like the ambassador myself, i just fancied giving her a retexture as it hasnt been touched since it was released 4 years ago by LC. I had no problem with the original textures, just thought I'd bring her upto date :D

~Jb06

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »
I do know there arent any aztechin on the ambassador because im using reference pics from the model, but i think it looks better so there gona stay.

Then use some real ones, generic patterns are lame :P (I do mine by hand  :arms:). Or, at least keep the patterns only on the specs.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.