Author Topic: MSD, Wells Class  (Read 3572 times)

Offline Capt Hensley

• Cookies: 0
  • Capt Hensley, USS Pabilli
    • H-10-K Enterprises
Re: MSD, Wells Class
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2009, 06:01:37 PM »
Yes the shuttle needed some work, and it got some attention following the images you see here. However, I'm still working on it and other graphics, so the finished product is still a ways down the road. But everything is comming along nicely, and my counselor is looking forward to my first draft of the thesis paper. The first draft is due in about four months. It's about half finished, and I start my next class in January. Cheers!
CAPT Darren L. Hensley, USS Pabilli NCV-56959A "Lost time is never found again."~ Benjamin Franklin
Darren L. Hensley, TSgt USAF(Ret) SASS Server Engineer, Battle Command Training Program
Northrop Grumman, Ft. Leavenworth KS (no I'm not a prisoner, but I get that question alot.)
Theme Song: Puddle of Mud, Living on Barrowed Time
webmaster@h-10-k.com  H-10-K Enterprises  H-10-K LCARS

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2010, 10:04:36 PM »
Sorry if this seems rude, just a little bump to assure everyone I'm still working on the ship, I got the real deal plans when I and a partner bought them from E-bay, Rick put them up for auction, and we won the bid. The real ship has only 9 Decks, and is a bit smaller than my Super Wells class, so obviously I will rebuild the ship with the proper amount of decks down sizing everything as I go. So untill my next post, cheers, and keep up the great work everyone.
CAPT Darren L. Hensley, USS Pabilli NCV-56959A "Lost time is never found again."~ Benjamin Franklin
Darren L. Hensley, TSgt USAF(Ret) SASS Server Engineer, Battle Command Training Program
Northrop Grumman, Ft. Leavenworth KS (no I'm not a prisoner, but I get that question alot.)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »
Awesome news, how much did those plans cost you?

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »
ISS in 3DS Max 2011

Latest project (switched from Wells Class) is my design of the MARS Gateway Space Station. I'm building this in Autodesk 3DS Max 2011, and I'm using the NASA ISS modules as a leaping off point. I also down loaded the Shuttle parts files, and a few other items including the HST. This make putting together the real model, and the 3DS model dramatically easier. Enjoy the photos of the WIP.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
  • Cookies: 10
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 07:38:06 PM »
Damn. I was looking forward to the Wells.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
 We are not now that strength which in old days
 Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
 One equal temper of heroic hearts,
 Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
 To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »
ISS in 3DS Max 2011

Latest project (switched from Wells Class) is my design of the MARS Gateway Space Station. I'm building this in Autodesk 3DS Max 2011, and I'm using the NASA ISS modules as a leaping off point. I also down loaded the Shuttle parts files, and a few other items including the HST. This make putting together the real model, and the 3DS model dramatically easier. Enjoy the photos of the WIP.

My cost was $300, total cost was $400

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 10:41:49 AM »
Damn. I was looking forward to the Wells.

Its just been delayed a short while, I try to avoid burnout by keeping diversified, yet still in the same realm. Patience, I will finish both the super Wells and the Standard Wells. Now in 3DS Max.

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2010, 11:05:19 AM »
Its just been delayed a short while, I try to avoid burnout by keeping diversified, yet still in the same realm. Patience, I will finish both the super Wells and the Standard Wells. Now in 3DS Max.

Glad to hear it!

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2011, 05:19:06 PM »
This is an update to my 3DS Space Station "Gateway Station"

You can find renders of the project here. To large and too numerous to post here.

http://www.h-10-k.com/pics/darren.hensley/gateway/

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=sho...524&jid=191413

I'm working on the users guide which is part of my thesis paper. about 120 pages of illustration, renders, and specifications. It will look simalar to the ISS users guide from NASA. Enjoy the pics!

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2011, 05:23:55 PM »
Glad to hear it!

I'm still learning alot about 3DS Max, but it looks like I'll be working on the Wells about June this year. Please hang in there, I know it's been a while. I've been real busy with work, the station, and life in general. Still not married, but that too is comming.
Cheers...

Offline TheConstable6

• ^LOL
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2011, 09:33:51 PM »
I'm still learning alot about 3DS Max, but it looks like I'll be working on the Wells about June this year. Please hang in there, I know it's been a while. I've been real busy with work, the station, and life in general. Still not married, but that too is comming.
Cheers...

Nice to hear it! Take your time, brother.