Author Topic: MSD, Wells Class  (Read 3573 times)

Offline Capt Hensley

• Cookies: 0
  • Capt Hensley, USS Pabilli
    • H-10-K Enterprises
MSD, Wells Class
« on: November 11, 2008, 09:27:04 PM »
MSD, Wells Class

I'm Capt Hensley, of the USS Pabilli, a Wells Class Time Ship.

I've been working in Adobe CS3, Illustrator creating Deck plans and ultimatly a nice Canon as possible MSD, I'm looking for anyone who is working on a simalr project to compare notes with. 2D, 3D, Game or Nongame work that is as close to canon as possible. However any work will be stimulating.

I am a Senior Member of Okudagrams.com, and to this point all my work is exclusivly posted there. I have posted this WIP to give you an idea of how committed to this project I am. BTW it's part of my Masters thesis.

So please any help is welcome, however I have the Relativity episode on DVD, so screen caps from the show are not neccessary. I have also studied ADGES panels, so his work is also a known factor. Otherwise the sky is the limit. All input will be appeciated. Upon completion of my project I plan to make all the work public on my web site. If you help me with source material now I may by pursuaded to relinquish some of my work now.

DEIF and Kmpr_Rak of Okudagrams are great friends and have made contributions, they will vouch for my sincerity.

This preview is old but gives the general idea, I have made many updates to the deck plans, and this MSD. With everyday it gets closer to canon. Your help can make it better. Thanks
CAPT Darren L. Hensley, USS Pabilli NCV-56959A "Lost time is never found again."~ Benjamin Franklin
Darren L. Hensley, TSgt USAF(Ret) SASS Server Engineer, Battle Command Training Program
Northrop Grumman, Ft. Leavenworth KS (no I'm not a prisoner, but I get that question alot.)
Theme Song: Puddle of Mud, Living on Barrowed Time
webmaster@h-10-k.com  H-10-K Enterprises  H-10-K LCARS

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: MSD, Wells Class
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »
Hensley! Nice to see you on our side of town. I've been a fan of your work, even if I have been to okudagrams recently.

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2008, 07:45:36 AM »
Thanks, Nice to know I have made an impression. If you can offer me a direction to go for sources, I'd be greatful!.
CAPT Darren L. Hensley, USS Pabilli NCV-56959A "Lost time is never found again."~ Benjamin Franklin
Darren L. Hensley, TSgt USAF(Ret) SASS Server Engineer, Battle Command Training Program
Northrop Grumman, Ft. Leavenworth KS (no I'm not a prisoner, but I get that question alot.)

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 09:09:48 AM »
One of our members was working on a USS Relativity Bridge a while back. If you search the bridge modding forum, you should be able to find him and ask him.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 01:05:08 PM »
Ooh, very nice Capt! Very 29th Century.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 10:29:03 PM »
Ooh, very nice Capt! Very 29th Century.

Thank You!, but the updated version looks much better, and I have other work I feel is equaly impresive. However nothing is truly finished. I'm afraid I'm still learning at this point but have learned a great deal in just 7 months with AI CS3.

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 10:31:46 PM »
One of our members was working on a USS Relativity Bridge a while back. If you search the bridge modding forum, you should be able to find him and ask him.

Cool I'll be spending more time looking in the next few days. Thanks!

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 05:49:29 PM »
I've read some of the postings here, I take it being canon on ships, types, and specifications is not a prerequisite of a mod? If you can imagine it it's pretty much accecpted? I draw the conclusion that most mods are given peramiters and used in the game?

Other thoughts...

As the Wells class is my subject, and I have done extensive research on the "Relativity" I can answer questions about canon references. Take for instance those honeycomb parts of the exterior. They are temporal shielding for the Warp Core, Bridge, Disruptors, and Impulse & Temporal warp drive areas of the ship. They also encompass all leading and trailing edge surfaces of the ship. The shielding prevents stray chronometric particles (they are a corrosive particles to matter in flux in a temporal wake) from affecting the sensative areas, they also insulate those areas against differences of time as it affects the matter of the entire ship. The ship will materialize, at the destination, as a whole, in the exact same point in time-space, rather than parts comming in at different parts of a micro-second. It's a quantum physics thing!

Another purpose the shielding has is to allow the ship to engage in a technique called slip-streaming. Where the ship can go back in time, make an adjustment, and return to the exact point and time of departure. If something happens in the past that erases the ship from existance, the shields prevent the ship from being erased, so it can correct any further discrepancies. (it's like a buffer) No paradoxes, no disentegrations from time jumps are possible with operating shields in place. The ship exists, when shielded, in all time-space, and cannot be removed. Even by temporal weapons. No other spiecies has this technology. As such other time travelers are not shielded against disintegrations. The federation disruptors are truly the most powerful weapon aboard any time ship.

Another part of the equasion is that the ship can only go into a predestined time, mostly the past but some of the very near future. If the events of a singular time line, which is contrary to the ships existance, take a turn in the time space fabric, the ship can travel there. Otherwise time travel to any other event is not possible. Basically the federation timeships can only travel to points where the normal timeline is or has been disturbed by an illeagle time event. No predicting the future, no changeing the future is allowed by federation time ships or known temporal technology. That is the Temporal Prime Directive. However federation time ships can correct events that happen outside the normal time line. That's the Temporal Accord Councils governing vision and power. So the events that happened aboard the Relativity, Aeon, Time Pod(31st century), Enterprise, and Voyager were all predestined to take place as a part of normal time-space events.

Future travel must be accomplished with the assistance of the Continum, or (the "Q") for short. Because seeing certain parts of the future are permitted by the Q, those events are predestined. Correcting a bad timeline change is part of the normal time line which is fixed and finite all at the same time. Paradoxes are mearly predestined events that have predestined outcomes. There is no such thing as an infinte time-loop, just the appearance of one. And everything is accending evolutionary lineer pathology. However it is not without omnipitant influence or guidenance. Only historians keep the past alive but even they have recording limits. Perhapse Stephen Kings Langolliers eat up what we can't recall or record. :D

PS Parallels and deviations from normal time-space are not continual or perpetual existances. They are predestined anomolies that get the predestined attention they are supposed too. Parallels exist only when normals exist in them, once corrected the parallels cease to exist. Deviations are integrated as normal. Hence the "Standard Deviation" term used in mathmatics and Quantum Physics are very close relatives. The laws of probability give us our short sighted future predictions. Mathmatics exist, therfore deviation amd probability also exist. Anything else is the undiscovered predestined unknown.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 10:54:51 PM »
You are correct that all mods need not be canon. In fact, a great many popular ships are uncanon. I am unsure as to what you mean by mods being given parameters in game, but I can tell you that the basic components for a mod are, for ships, a model(s,) texture(s,) and hardpoints(s.)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 11:36:04 PM »
Hey there, and welcome to BCC! :)
I hope you find our community to be as friendly and enjoyable as I have. :]

You've done some very nice work with the Relativity MSD. I hope to see more in the future.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 10:18:53 AM »
Nice msd
[have you got any ship?] just curious
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 08:33:19 PM »
OK I know what a model is. There two types of models, 2D and 3D. It is a CGI representation of a physical object.
I know what a texture is. It's a surface finish, like brushed, or polished. Textures are often called flesh.
I know what a wire frame is. It's a skeleton of intersecting lines that make up the area of a model that you want to place a texture on. This is also known as fleshing out a mod.
Unfinished fleshing jobs are often used in storyboarding a scene or shot in an animation, CGI render, or live action filming. They are used to creat camera tracking and trajectory ploting. Like the passing of a ship from left frame nose in view to right side frame with the tail in view. We see this in Star Trek all the time.

Where do hard points fit into the picture? Please attach an example with an explaination if it's easy.  :?

I assumed from the newbee FAQ that "Bridge Commander" was a Video Game interface with a rendering program integrated. If this is not the case I should read some more about what this forum is about. Or a short clue in, would be welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance. :o

As for ship mods. I'm only working a 2D, Orthographic regeneration of the "Wells Class" time ship, Mine is named the USS Pabilli. It is a sister ship to the USS Relativity. They are virtually identical, and built in the same yards. However unlike the USS Relativity, All my AI source files and renders will be made available to the public once I'm finished, free of charge. I will offer apologies to Paramount/CBS and tell them to get stuffed in the same breath. They turned down my storyline after stringing me along for two years. They just have to get over it, like they told me I had to get over the big "FU" they gave me. :P

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 08:52:43 PM »
Here's a cap of my shuttle, my shuttle with the AEON, and the top of the Wells Class ortho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
You are correct about what BC is. Hardpoints are 1 of 3 essential scripts used to get the ship playable ingame. They define where what ship properties are on the model and all of the various properties of the system (power consumption, strength, etc.) The other two scripts are the ship script (located in BC's scripts/ships directory, hence the name) which associates the model with its hardpoint as well as defining a few other values (how big the holes can get in the ship, specular coefficient, etc.) and the plugin (located in scripts/Custom/Ships.) The plugin registers the ship's script, places the ship in the ship selection menu, as well as defining any number of custom features (ablative armor, max warp speed, etc.)

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 08:18:21 AM »
Here's a cap of my shuttle, my shuttle with the AEON, and the top of the Wells Class ortho.
these are nice.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »
You are correct about what BC is. Hardpoints are 1 of 3 essential scripts used to get the ship playable ingame. They define where what ship properties are on the model and all of the various properties of the system (power consumption, strength, etc.) The other two scripts are the ship script (located in BC's scripts/ships directory, hence the name) which associates the model with its hardpoint as well as defining a few other values (how big the holes can get in the ship, specular coefficient, etc.) and the plugin (located in scripts/Custom/Ships.) The plugin registers the ship's script, places the ship in the ship selection menu, as well as defining any number of custom features (ablative armor, max warp speed, etc.)

Thank you, This really helps. I'll have to investigate farther. There may be some paramiters I need to put into my parametric database.

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2009, 02:26:15 PM »
A little out of date but small enough to post.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2009, 11:24:56 PM »
Very, very cool. I really like the amount of work you put into this. Perhaps, in the distant future, when Excal gets released and I can model worth a damn, I'll make some neat death match maps based on your work.

Offline Capt Hensley

• H-10-K Enterprises
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 05:45:36 PM »
Star Trek Particles Database Version 2 find it here
http://www.h-10-k.net/downloads/atomic/particles_200_cd.zip

Comments welcome.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 09:17:51 AM »
Some very nice work there mate, although your shuttle needs some work i think.