Author Topic: Vivace Class pack RELEASED 10/28/06  (Read 11376 times)

AndrewJ

Vivace Class pack RELEASED 10/28/06
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2006, 07:06:07 PM »
Quote from: DJ Curtis
actually, i test pretty much everything everytime i make a change, so beta testing is really not necessary.  thanks for the offer tho.  don't worry though, you guys will have these pretty soon.

Can live in hope.

I so cannot wait for this ship.  More screenies :D

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2006, 09:39:38 PM »
here are some pix of the Chopin and the Vivace.  Vivace is the protoype and has an NX registry.

There are some minor cosmetic differences between them and Schumann.  Vivace has a more plain, grey deflector as well as slightly more blue nacelle grills, as well as additional registries and some pennant colour changes.  it also has blue impulse engines which i think are kinda cool.  Chopin has a lighter color of nacelle grill and reg changes from Schumann, as well as some different color panelling on the nacelle pylons.  I didn't want it to be too different, after all, they are production models.

As far as HP goes, Vivace will be the weakest and equiped with photons instead of quantum torpedoes.  Vivace will also have a slight deficit in power generation, just to make it more realistic for a prototype.  Chopin will be just slightly faster and more manueverable than Schumann, but not by much.

There will be other things, but I'll go into detail when it's finished.  enjoy! :D

AndrewJ

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2006, 09:51:14 PM »
I agree blue impulse engines are cool, very 24th century in style.

Still looking damn good, and with that coffin style thing missing from the dorsal section I think is a major cosmetic improvement.

Offline Bigkap

• Cookies: 5
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2006, 10:42:30 PM »
These are looking excellent. Can't wait to add them.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2006, 08:15:11 AM »
Is that a different Deflector Colour use the for Vivace, it looks very good. I like it even more than Schumann's Deflector!!.

I also like the Blue Impulse Engines on the NX Vivace, very canon to keep the Prototype's Engines Blue!!.
:D

AndrewJ

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2006, 09:30:21 AM »
I am curious what are blue impulse engines? some form of lower powered reactor or a experimental new form of impulse drive they test on prototype ships?

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2006, 11:04:38 AM »
Looks VERY Sexy Curtis, will download once I get a new computer *mumbles something about his computer crashing recently*

Roger

P.S. for those wondering why I wouldn't just fix it, I'm only getting a new computer because I can get one on the cheap, cheaper than fixing it LOL On top of the fact that my computer is seriously outdated :S
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2006, 01:56:19 PM »
Quote from: AndrewJ
I am curious what are blue impulse engines? some form of lower powered reactor or a experimental new form of impulse drive they test on prototype ships?

Good Question!?,

As far as I'm aware, they are the same as regular Red/Orange Impulse Engines. However certain prototypes and ships in the Star Trek Universe have been known to have Blue Impulse Engines, The Prometheus, Enterprise NX-01 and the Enterprise-C are good examples.

AndrewJ

« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2006, 01:59:31 PM »
Always wondered why? perhaps they are easier to use and draw less power than conventional engines, perhaps they require less power to operate and also less time to install, with prototypes you want parts to interchange very quickly in spacedock.

I think blue looks more cool though :D

Offline mayhemuk

• Cookies: 7
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2006, 02:05:24 PM »
Or perhaps someone just liked the colour of a blue impulse engine.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2006, 06:00:45 PM »
Quote from: mayhemuk
Or perhaps someone just liked the colour of a blue impulse engine.

i'd say that about covers it.

AndrewJ

« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2006, 07:14:25 PM »
Hey I like them, in fact I love them, just curious if starfleet had a method for using them only on prototypes.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2006, 08:25:09 AM »
It will we a pity to damage her face with a bunch of torpedoes, really oustanding job DJ!
Vivace...,Schumann,....Chopin,.... do you like classic music DJ?

Offline JamesTiberiusKirk

• Johnny Walker... one of my best friends! Cheers!
  • Cookies: 33
  • Cheers!
    • My Myspace Page ->
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2006, 09:04:37 AM »
Quote from: AndrewJ
Always wondered why? perhaps they are easier to use and draw less power than conventional engines, perhaps they require less power to operate and also less time to install, with prototypes you want parts to interchange very quickly in spacedock.

I think blue looks more cool though :D

Making science fiction reality is reall wierd so lets not think about it lol

Anyway, lovely ship, cant wait to make some screenshots with it

"And this... is... to go... even further beyond!"

Offline cpthooker

• Cookies: 37
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2006, 02:01:39 PM »
I love it, a nice progression from the intrepid class.

'As a matter of cosmic history, it has always been easier to destroy, than to create.'
Capt Spock - The Wrath of Khan

PC Spec
Athlon X2 Skt AM2 6000+, 4GB DDR2 800 Ram
XFX Geforce 8800 ultra, Vista Ultimate 64bit

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2006, 02:11:23 PM »
just a brief update...

I've redone about half of the phaser arcs.  I really wasn't happy with them before, especially with the lateral and aft coverage, but I think I've got the bugs worked out.

I've also added photon torpedoes to the aft launcher, as well as increased the rate of fire of the for and aft quantum launchers by about 30%.  The ship will fire two quantums in either direction every four seconds, no rapid fire launchers like on Supremus.

Offline Paegus

• Cookies: 0
  • Mechanical Gimp
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2006, 02:50:57 PM »
as in the reload time is 4 seconds? it's usually 20~30
-Paeg

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2006, 02:56:59 PM »
awesome work curtis, you dont need us to tell you that :P

Offline CptBenSisko

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2006, 05:51:50 PM »
DJ...a few questions....the Quantum launchers are the tri-angle type pieces on the saucer similar to the what the Defiant has correct?...so will that be 2 or 4 quantums fired at a time? also...this ship is absolutely amazing and would be awesome if it were in Star Trek Armada. I would like to ask your permission to port this fine vessel over to A2...with full credits given naturally.....also..whats your MSN? as when i try to enter what it says on BCCentral..MSN doesnt let me.. thanx a lot

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • I make ships.
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2006, 10:57:25 AM »
as for the torpedo launchers, visually yes, they are similar to the defiant, but they are not really high capacity launchers, these aren't warships.  the launchers will each fire one torpedo every four seconds.  I might increase that if people really want me to.

as far as porting goes, I won't give an answer on that right now.  First I'd like to see how things pan out for BC, and if things go well, then I actually have someone who already ports my ships.  Thanks for offering though.  I have no problem however, with you porting the ship for your own personal use, that's no problem at all.