Author Topic: 2 dramas - the new generations ent b bridge seems to be calling all the older textures rather than the much nicer new ones; and exploding ships remain intact instead of breaking up into little bits.  (Read 1305 times)

Offline captain_obvious

• The captain of obvious-ness
  • Cookies: 54
    • ARmy Rumour SErvice- British Army Unofficial community
Right.

With the new generations ent b bridge it seems to be calling all the older textures rather than the much nicer ones, therefore I effectively have 2 copies of the original ent b bridge rather than the old one and the newer Gen retexture.  any ideas?
And yes I have double checked to see if I clicked the right one  :P

Not a problem per-se, but really really bugs me.
In the old days, when a ship (or station) died and exploded when nanofx was enabled it would get blasted to tiny little bits and those bits would be thrown around by the shockwave.
Lately (as in KM1) i've noticed that when the big BOOM goes off it makes so little physical damage that it's mostly intact. 
Basically, it ain't as spectacular as it once was!
was some variable changed in KM1.0's nanofx compared to the original nanofx2?
I miss :bigdance:

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Right.

With the new generations ent b bridge it seems to be calling all the older textures rather than the much nicer ones, therefore I effectively have 2 copies of the original ent b bridge rather than the old one and the newer Gen retexture.  any ideas?
And yes I have double checked to see if I clicked the right one  :P
yes - go here for that fix:
(aargh not allowed to post links)
bc-central.com/forums/index.php/topic,4533.msg90521.html#msg90521

BC Downloads Forum, look for Generations Enterprise B thread, look for my post - i uploaded a script to correct that error...

Not a problem per-se, but really really bugs me.
In the old days, when a ship (or station) died and exploded when nanofx was enabled it would get blasted to tiny little bits and those bits would be thrown around by the shockwave.
Lately (as in KM1) i've noticed that when the big BOOM goes off it makes so little physical damage that it's mostly intact. 
Basically, it ain't as spectacular as it once was!
was some variable changed in KM1.0's nanofx compared to the original nanofx2?
you have KM1 installed right?  go to the DS9FX options in the UMM...  youll see an option to "Stablize BC"...  turn that mutator off and try that (might have to click "Save Settings" first)...

Offline captain_obvious

Much appreciated dude :)

so who was the captain cockup who messed up? and how did they mess up mate? I just want to know so I can get them to buy me a beer as penance  :lol:

Offline JimmyB76

Offline captain_obvious

Offline JimmyB76

Offline captain_obvious

heh thats right, you better have had done so...  now go get me a beer  :arms:

sod off :P
those two fixed the problems mate thanks.
Although the nanofx still isn't quite the same..